Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Desktop Software for Mac

New Contributor
kmc2311
My Device: Blackberry 9720
My Carrier: Vodafone

How do I sync blackberry 9720 with IMac?

I have just got a new Blackberry and have finally tried to get it to sync with my IMac.  I've downloaded both Blackberry Link (which I now understand won't work as needs OS 10, and my BRAND NEW phone only has - as far as I can see - Platform 9.105.0.26, whatever that means) and Blackberry Desktop.

Neither seems to be able to find my calendar or contacts, which are the Apple versions of Outlook.

Does anyone have any advice?  I'm a bit upset to have a new smart phone which seems unable to manage a Mac, but I'm hoping I've missed something really obvious.

Thanks, KMC

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: How do I sync blackberry 9720 with IMac?

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

The Platform number you cite, sadly, is meaningless. We need the correct device model number and OS level. Refer:

• Article ID: KB23393 How to check the model number and version of the operating system on a BlackBerry smartphone

Thanks and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kmc2311

Hi there

I think it is the third line, which reads:

7.1 Bundle 2994 (v7.1.0.1121, Platform 9.105.0.26)

Does this help?!

Thanks, KMC

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Yes, thank you (though you did not confirm your model number...I will therefore assume that the model number you put into your forum profile is accurate...9720). That is the correct information for OS...your OS level is 7.1.0.1121.

This thread will shortly be moved to the proper location for greatest exposure to others with similar configurations and issues:

Hopefully someone there will have information for you (it won't be me...I don't use MAC). I also recommend you review that board in great detail to see if perhaps your issue has been addressed in the past and already has solutions posted.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kmc2311

I haven't received any help with this request and, having spent time with both Apple and searching the forum, it looks like there is no solution...

I have swapped my Blackberry for an i-phone, which will work, and actually have got it for the same price as well.

I'm surprised at the lack of support by Blackberry - I chose it because I far prefer the key-pad to the touch key-pad of all the other phones, but it isn't worth the lack of support and the basic lack of ability to sync with my Mac.

All I want is a phone that works without me having to spend hours on the phone/ forums - good-bye Blackberry!

KMC

Please use plain text.