Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Desktop Software for Mac

New Contributor
Joycetz
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: ATT

Re: I can't sync my contacts to my mac (BB 9900, OSX Lion, Latest desktop software for mac installed)

Thanks for responding. i use Mac address book. It will sync with an old computer that hasn't been updated to Lion, but that doesn't really help me since the old computer has an old list.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
rubenmarcano
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: I can't sync my contacts to my mac (BB 9900, OSX Lion, Latest desktop software for mac installed)

There is only one contact list called "default" I have tried every possible way to get my contacts on my BB 9900 and i just cant ... this is very BAD and FRUSTRARTING for a business person.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
rubenmarcano

SOLUTION HERE

Dear Folks:

I finally made it to get ALL my contacs inmy new BB Bold 9900, I explian how:

- Blackberry Desktop seems to recognize ONLY the "In My Mac" directory on the Address Book, that mean that iCloud Directory will not be seen, it is possible some of you have only the iCloud directory, not a problem, follow the steps here:

1.- Assuming you dont have any contact on your new BB, create one and then connect and make a two way sync. this will create a "in My Mac" directory in your Address Book App.

2.- Select ALL your contacs on your iCloud directory and drag this selection to "in My Mac".

3.- Sync your BB again this time select "replace all contacs on device"

Now you should have all your contacs there, I KNOW this is not the way it is supposed to be but its a work around and it does work. in the meantiome our friends of RIM will do thier job properly for the next update.

Please use plain text.
Ont
Ont
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: AIS Thailand

Re: SOLUTION HERE

it works... thanks... however I think RIM should have fixed this issue from the start..  don't think anyone enjoy solving this problem.... it should work seamlessly out of the box.....

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
rubenmarcano

you are very welcome i vame up with this solution after weeks of frustration, so i know how you all feel.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
DBJohnson
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: MTN

This is good, but what if you already have 600 contacts on yur BB 9900? Any suggestions for getting them over to Mac?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bhairav
My Device: Bold 9780

Re: I can't sync my contacts to my mac (BB 9780, OSX Lion, Latest desktop software for mac installed)

Hello guys!

I have Bold 9780, DTM 2.2.1 & OS Lion. I use mac address book (on my mac) and my phone is NOT configured to sync contacts by wireless means.

Now everytime i try to sync phone and mac, new contacts from mac will come to phone. But new contacts from phone will not write to mac address book.

I've tried "forgetting device" several times but nothing seems to happen.

HELP...!!!!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Joycetz
My Carrier: ATT

thanks for your advise.  But here's the problem. I already synced to an old computer and have an old address book in the bb.  When i tried to restore to original settings it gave a warning that this would delete all addresses in the bb (the goal).  It seemed to go through the process but all the addresses remained. After several attempts i decided to do a 2 way sync anyway but no "in my mac" file appeared in my address book.  Ugh!  Please advise again.

thanks

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
rubenmarcano

which OSX are you using ?

Ruben

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
nickdecker
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: AT&T

Is anyone here from Blackberry??  

This is ATROCIOUS!  Get your Mac developer on this and get it FIXED!!  

Why are good folks like us messaging for 2+ months that basic address book sync functionality does not work?!?

The ONLY thing Blackberry has still going for it is that its e-mail service is still the best!  But my iPhone4S can replace my Blackberry PERMANENTLY if Blackberry does not have the COMMON DECENCY to ensure that the MOST BASIC functions of the Blackberry Desktop Software work on the MAC!

Wake up Blackberry....  You are NOT helping yourselves with this type of behavior!!

Please use plain text.