Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Desktop Software for Mac

kimaya
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Tmobile

Re: I can't sync my contacts to my mac (BB 9900, OSX Lion, Latest desktop software for mac installed)

Here's how I managed to sync my contacts. Go into System Preferences>iCloud. Uncheck your address book (it will say that your contacts will be deleted from your Mac but it didn't do so. However if you archive them before you do this, then you can always retrieve them)

Once you've done that, open up the BBery Desktop, Sync your contacts (I replaced all my BBery contacts because the Mac had the most updated list). It should copy your contacts from the Address Book to the Mac.

You can then go back into iCloud prefs and check Address Book again.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you had success with this.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Joycetz
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: ATT

Re: SOLUTION HERE

thank you for the suggestion but it didn't work for me.  No "in my mac" directory appeared in my address book.  And the frustration continues. May be forced to go iphone!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Joycetz
My Carrier: ATT

I finally did it.  but the only way i got "in my mac" to be in the Address directory was to go to Preferences, then set the default account to Mac instead of icloud.

thank you for you help

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
dabdelaziz
My Carrier: Mobinil

Thank you so much for this solution, it worked perfect with me :smileyhappy: I was able to copy my address book in 2 minutes.

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
patopman
My Device: Bold 990 and Q10
My Carrier: Proximus (Belgium)

Re: I can't sync my contacts to my mac (BB 9900, OSX Lion, Latest desktop software for mac installed)

Have tried modifying by taking out Contacts in Preferences and iCloud + Using Contacts in My Mac .....but it still doesn't work...

I have tried to replace all Contacts in my BB 9900 and it just erased everything (I restored with a back up)

Still impossible for me to synch with iCloud...:-(

Please use plain text.
Contributor
sjhtorch
My Device: torch
My Carrier: o2

If you have more that one  conact list in blackberry, how then do you sync all your contact addresses?

Surely BB desktop will be able to cope with multiple contact lists as it is a function of BB!?

Given that lack on soherence of approach, I am very nervous about losing all my contacts as i have not found a way to sync these. I assume that by backing up my blackberry, i will be able to retreive all my contacts, not just from one list.

All very random. I hope that BB are working to acheive better results in the next software release. Most of the posts i have seen seek basic functionality of backups and syncs. Surely this can be achieved by the combined might of the development team.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
kokecito
My Device: Not Specified

I try it and Desn't work !!!!   :smileysad:

Please, any help about this !!!!!!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
kokecito

I have the same problem between my mac lion os and bb desktop software, IT"S FRUSTRATING !!!!!! AGRRRRRR !!!!!!

Really Appreciate any help !!!!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
dabdelaziz
My Carrier: Mobinil

now I have 2 contact lists, one on the BB and one on the MAC. The one on the MAC is the updated one and I want to replace it with the one on the BB. How can I do this, is there any way for a 1 way sync instead of the 2 way?

Thank you

Please use plain text.
Contributor
kokecito

I was having the same problem since upgraded to lion os. I pass the last 4 months investigating , consulting, writing in blogs, supports, etc, but finally I discover the solution.

No matter that you have a list in your BB and a list in your MAC, they're going to synch each other and are going to be the same in both equipments by the time they can make the correct synch.

To resolve the synch problem caused by upgrading to lion, simple as this: LOGOUT FROM i-CLOUD !!!!!!!!!!

Once you do that, you are going to see how your synch works  Perfect !!!!.    I-Cloud doesn't work with Blackberry, so if yopu want to keep both record synch, stay out of I-cloud.

Hope this help you and please, let me know if works for you

Alberto

Please use plain text.