Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Desktop Software for Mac

Contributor
kokecito
My Device: Not Specified

Re: I can't sync my contacts to my mac (BB 9900, OSX Lion, Latest desktop software for mac installed)

Ok Perfect...

Look, the BIG mistake you made was that when ask you the questions MERGE or REPLACE, you choose Replace instead of Merge.

Replace would replace your info , even in the cel or your mac, don't know which way but, it would erase or all the bb or all the mac data.

You should choose MERGE, this allows you to MIX, COMBINE or PUT TOGETHER all Data in the BB and Data in the MAC. That was your Big mistake.

The Other steps that you're doing are good, the problem is that you don't have data even in your cell or you mac, you would never find nothing when you finish or made the synch, because you already ERASED IT when you click REPLACE.

If you don't have a BackUp for your MAC or for your BB Curve, probably your are DEAD...

Hope thia can help you

Alberto

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
dodief
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8310
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: I can't sync my contacts to my mac (BB 9900, OSX Lion, Latest desktop software for mac installed)

All my contacts are still in my Mac, nothing was erased from it, only from the cell phone.  I can replace that from my old computer but I wanted to be able to sync in the future.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
kokecito

Ok, perfect. If you want to synch your mac contacts with your cell you can do it any time, but remember , if ask you for REPLACE or MERGE, chose merge.

Let me know how your synch do it and good luck

Let me know anything

Alberto

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
patopman
My Device: Bold 990 and Q10
My Carrier: Proximus (Belgium)

I have the exact same problems and downloaded the latest BB desktop software...

Tried the above procedure but doesn't work for me either....all my contacts keep disapearing from my BB

I'm going to try something else:

. Open a new cession on my Mac

. Copy all my contacts on "My Mac" instead of on "iCloud"

. Try to synch that way and see what happens....

Don't know if that might work but also need to be able to synch my contacts....:Censored:

Please use plain text.
Contributor
kokecito

Sir

BB Desktop Software CAN"T work with iCloud. If you don't sign out from iCloud, the problem is going to be there 4 ever.
If you are going to be using your BB and your desktop software, forget iCloud !!!!!!
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
patopman

Thats why I said "copy all contacts localy on my Mac" no using iCloud account or being connected to it...

I guess desktop can synch with local contacts on my Mac...

Please use plain text.
Contributor
kokecito

If you don't use iCloud, everything it's going to be fine and good with your synch.

Good Luck !!!
Please use plain text.
TomDespois
My Device: Bold 9700

Dear all, 

First of all thanks very much for this topic and all your tips and answers.

I recently moved from OS X Leopard to OS X Lion and I couldn't sync my BBy Bold 9700 anymore (no contacts, calendar, notes, ...).

I followed your answers and different tips and everything now works for me !

Here are the steps I followed to make it work :

1. Desactivate iCloud in OS X Lion for every category (contacts, calendar, etc.)

2. Try to sync you BBy through BBy Desktop Software

3. If doesn't work and if you are using a Gmail account on you BBy, then go into your "Mail account settings/configuration", then select one of your Gmail account, then go into "Synchronisation options" and here disable the items that are currently selected (for me "contacts" and "deleted items")

4. Now everything should work :smileywink:

I assume its working for other mail account than gmail.

You should try it.

Hope my post will help !!

Thanks again for your older posts.

Tom

Please use plain text.
Contributor
kokecito

Congratulations !!!!! I'm more than happy that you can move on with that.
I'm for sure that works with every email account but, I always prefer to choose gmail

Good Luck !!!
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
patopman

For infos, it worked fine with following system to finally synch the contacts:

1/ Export all your contacts on USB

2/ Open or create a new Administrator cession on your Mac

3/ Open your Contact address book wich will be totally empty

4/ Disconnect the iCloud cession (in Preferences...)

5/ Import all your Contacts from USB to the Address Book "on my Mac"

6/ Open BB Desktop Software

7/ Synch all the contacts

Et voila....!! Worked fine for me and I finally managed to synch my 2 different Blackerries with all my latest contacts

Might not be the easiest or fastest solution but it's the only one that worked for me...

PS: I guess it can also be done by just copying all Contact entries from iCloud to "myMac contacts" but that doubled all my contacts with those on iCloud...

Hope that might help and good luck to all...!!!

Please use plain text.