Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Desktop Software for Mac

Regular Contributor
patopman
My Device: Bold 990 and Q10
My Carrier: Proximus (Belgium)

Re: I can't sync my contacts to my mac (BB 9900, OSX Lion, Latest desktop software for mac installed)

. Save all your contacts on a USB key

. Open a new cession

. Open the Address book which should be empty....and copy all the contacts-----Make sure you close the iCloud option in your preferences and all the contacts are copied to your PC.

. Open BB Desktop and Sync your contacts (better to use the option: replace all my contacts on this BB)

Make sure you first do a Back Up of all your contacts before you Synch them (we never know...)

Should work this way (it did for me)

GL

Please use plain text.
wssloo
My Device: Bold9900
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: I can't sync my contacts to my mac (BB 9900, OSX Lion, Latest desktop software for mac installed)

HI i have gone through all the comments on this topic but yet to find any solution on how to sync BOTH address / contact lists from my bb to mac using desktop mgr. I have sync over and over again i only ever get the first list listed on my contact lists. I must merge the 2 lists to include all my old and new contacts before i backup.
I have tried backing up and restore to another bb9900 and it will show the contacts on separate lists again which is not what i wan. Please advise asap. Thanks
Please use plain text.
mattadh
My Device: BlackBerry 9780 Bold

As soon as I logged out of iCloud, the sync worked perfectly...
Until then, I was having all sorts of problems.

Thanks

Matt

Please use plain text.
Contributor
kokecito
My Device: Not Specified

Yes Sir, simple as that, you're totally right !!!!!!

Alberto

Please use plain text.
vouteb
My Device: 9900

I have a MAC with new Lion op suystem and Bold 9900 but the desktop finds the BBerry but just eithert stall on 'initialising' or 'updating record' which takes ages and doesn t do it....

Have uninstalled desktop a couple of toimes, no succes, I use Outlook for Calendar , Contacts

HELP!!!!!!

:smileysad:

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
whistlerskigal
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: Bell

I am on OS 10.7.2, updated BB desktop to the newest version and it still wouldn't sync...then I went into Address Book "Preferences" then "Accounts" and removed the iCloud and now it just has "On My Mac".  I re-synced and the contacts finally updated.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
kokecito
My Device: Not Specified

That's the Key, LOG OUT from iCloud !!!!!!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
whistlerskigal
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: Bell

Actually, I wasn't logged on to iCloud - I'm not using it yet - but it was in my Address Book preferences, unbeknownst to me - so I removed it from there.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
sjhtorch
My Device: torch
My Carrier: o2

Please tell me how then we can sync more than one address book?

Surely this is basic functionality.

I need to back up and sync the totality of my BB on my apple, so i can use dataa in amy address book to send emails etc on my apple.

Basic request surely?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
sjhtorch
My Device: torch
My Carrier: o2

Please tell me how then we can sync more than one address book? Surely this is basic functionality. I need to back up and sync the totality of my BB on my apple, so i can use dataa in amy address book to send emails etc on my apple.

Basic request surely?

Please use plain text.