Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Desktop Software for Mac

Regular Contributor
patopman
My Device: Bold 990 and Q10
My Carrier: Proximus (Belgium)

Re: I can't sync my contacts to my mac (BB 9900, OSX Lion, Latest desktop software for mac installed)

Personnaly I have tried that (loging out from iCloud) but it still didn't work...all my contacts just vanished and I had to restore the BB 

But it seems to have worked for some of you, so I'll give it another try...

Please use plain text.
Contributor
kokecito
My Device: Not Specified

Re: I can't sync my contacts to my mac (BB 9900, OSX Lion, Latest desktop software for mac installed)

Hey, really works !!!

Try this steps, as I do and works for me.

1- logout from iclod

2- Open your BB Desktop sofware, Click DEVICE on the top menu, then Click FORGET DEVICE, don't worry, just follow and say OK

3- Reinstall again BB desktop software

4- Once installed, connect your BB and you r done !!!!!

Let me know if helps you

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
patopman
My Device: Bold 990 and Q10
My Carrier: Proximus (Belgium)

Thanks, will try that but how about next time you synch...??

Do you think you have to Reinstall BB desktop every time...?

Good for you and will keep you posted...:Yes:

Please use plain text.
Contributor
kokecito

Nop, don't worry, it's going to be just for first time,...

Hey, when I discover this, I was in SHOCK, because I pass a lot of trouble trying to find an answer that when I found it by my self, I made like 10 synch in 2 hours, just to verified that everithing that I put; either the bb or the desktop, were doing well !!!!

good luck

Please use plain text.
udaul0808
My Device: BB 9700

Vicious Ferret,

Thanks for highlighting the various numbers of contact list issue.  I was grappling with this and no one from my service provider could think of this.  My question now is the following:

I have two contact list.  One that is under my desk top and the other under a private email address.

If I want to change my contacts which are under my private email contact list to my desktop, how do I do it?? When I go to an address concerned, it does not allow me to change the "Synchronize using: my private email" option.

Appreciate your help if you know the answer..

Please use plain text.
Contributor
kokecito

Well, my personal way to do it can be:

1- Synch this Private Email Account with all contacts, with a Gmail Account.( when you open the gmail account, offers you the way to do it )

2- Then, with all that contacts in your new Gmail account, SYNCH with your MAC Addres Book( Click Adrees Book/ Preferences/ General/    then click Sycnh with google and put your account info and password.

3- Once you finish, connect your BB to your MAC and make the normal Synch. Maybe it's going to ask you about duplicate names or records and you have to choose one by one wich one you want to have or not.

4- Remember, DISCONNECT your MAC from MAC aplication i-Cloud.

Hope you can resolve with this

PD: With the Gmail account synch with your adrees book, you never have to worried about it, because always your contacts are going to be in the Gmail Server Online, ontine an Updated !!!!!

Alberto

Please use plain text.
Visitor
RaphBB9900
My Device: 9900 Bold

Dear RIM managers, IT's, sales peoples.

I have owned 4 or 5 different models of Blackberry over the last 8 years. (BTW, broke 2 or 3 and repurchased them).

I have ALLWAYS said to my friends that Blackberry phtones were the best for business.

Mac users community is growing among your customer, how many download's have you of "BB Desktop" for mac ?

If we can not sync properly calendars and contacts, one day or the other, we'll buy another brand.

I use my BB phone to work, not for pictures, movies, music. Business only.

I want it to sync as easily as before. I spent the last 2 hours copying datas from one side of the mac to the other so that i can put it on the blackberry. This is not a functionnal solution.

Shall you decide to stop supporting Mac: ok, i am fine with that. But tell it, and tell now.

Shall you decide to go another way and ask for money to sync properly and easily: ok, do it, i'll probably pay. But do it now.

Move on ! The competition is around you and...getting closer to me each time i have to sync !

Please use plain text.
PeterMG
My Device: 8520
My Carrier: Telcel

I did this without reinstalling the software and believe the keys here are rset and, in particular, logging out of icloud. 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
dodief
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8310
My Carrier: AT&T

I can't sync my Address Book either although Calendar seemed to do fne.  I just bought a MacAir with latest software and downloaded the latest Blackberry  software.  Unfortunately the sync offered me a choice to replace all the previous data so all the contacts were erased.  

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
dodief
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8310
My Carrier: AT&T

I only have one Address book and th esync doesn't work from the Mac to the Blackberry.

Please use plain text.