Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Desktop Software for Mac

kachooee
My Device: Not Specified

I lost all my contact when I sync my bb9700 through a Blackberry desktop manager for MAC

Today I bought a new BB 9800 and then I try to make a final backup from my ex BB which was 9700 , as I was thinking to use my contact in new BB , but when I connect my BB9700 to my MAC BB application and push the Sync botton , it removed all my contact and  I lost over 300 business Contacts (#'s and emails) and they are VERY important to my business. My phone is now practically useless to me. I would REALLY appreciate if a skilled BB Storm user could help me.

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
hmthepirate
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: I lost all my contact when I sync my bb9700 through a Blackberry desktop manager for MAC

Hello kachooee and welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Did you perform a Back Up prior to doing the synchronization? If so, you should be able to restore this to your new BlackBerry. Connect your new device, click the Restore icon and select the back up file. 

When you did the synchornization, did you select the option to Merge data or replace device data with the Mac data? Have you checked your Mac Address Book for your contacts or was your Mac Address book empty?

Thanks.

-HMthePirate

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
sebaru
My Device: 9900 bold
My Carrier: O2

Re: I lost all my contact when I sync my bb9700 through a Blackberry desktop manager for MAC

Same problem for me! I have just bought the new blackberry 9900 bold and i have tried to sync my contacts from my old blackberry 8520. I hit replace data base not merge and i have lost all my contacts which are VERY important as well. Is any way to get them back? Many thanks

Please use plain text.
jlo01
My Device: bold 9900
My Carrier: Orange

-HMthePirate

No I did not do a back up before scyn , and the worst thing is that i clicked on replace data instead of merge therefore i now only i have to contact on my blackberry. apple contact numbers and my own details. please help i ihave a 9900 bold

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
hmthepirate
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

If your Mac did not contain your contact records and you selected Replace data, there wouldn't be anyway to retreive the data. The sync would have replaced the Mac data (which was blank) and overwritten your BlackBerry.

With no backup there is no data to be restored.

-HMthePirate

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.