Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Desktop Software for Mac

New Contributor
chrisbraid
My Device: Blackberry Curve
My Carrier: Orange

Lost Info/Data

Hi there, I have a Christmas conundrum;

I cracked my screen recently on my Blackberry Curve, so before my new phone arrived I thought I would try and save my details, mainly my notes on my Memopad and all of my Contacts.  I downloaded Blackberry Desktop Manager onto my Mac and promptly plugged in my phone. I thought I had transfered my data onto the computer, but shortly after I realized I had deleted all info from my phone and there was nothing stored on my Macbook. I have searched all over my Mac for the data, (needless to say it has vanished) but as I'm relatively new to Apple, I can't be entirely sure I've looked in the right places. Before I got my replacement phone I'm pretty sure I located my contacts somewhere on my Mac; of course I can't find anything now... I'm not even entirely sure what instructions I gave the computer/phone either.

On a final note, I spoke to someone at my mobile provider and he was convinced the data would still be on my computer. I have learnt that trying to get an answer or response from Blackberry is a fruitless, frustrating and expensive experience.

Can anyone help me, or am I destined to get an iPhone like everyone keeps telling me? Christmas Cheer and good tidings to you all from cold London, especially the lovely soul who gives me the answer,

Kindest regards,

Chris Braid

Please use plain text.
Contributor
ant7ran
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Lost Info/Data

On your mac:

Check your Address Book application for your contacts.

Check your iCal application for your calendar entries.

Check your Mail application for your notes.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
chrisbraid
My Device: Blackberry Curve
My Carrier: Orange

Re: Lost Info/Data

Nothing to indicate any lost data in either,

Thanks for trying though

Please use plain text.