Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Desktop Software for Mac

wholestone
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: o2

Mac OS X 10.8.2 Mountain Lion - Calendar Data won't sync to Blackberry 9900 both ways

I have the latest versions of both Blackberry Desktop Software for Mac and Mountain Lion OS X 10.8.2 Mac OS with all of the updates.  I also have the latest device software on the Bold 9900.

I have spent hours on the phone both with o2 and apple and nothing has worked.  I have also fully uninstalled the Desktop software from my Mac, re-booted, repaired permissions and re-installed.  Still doesn't sync.

I am using the Calendar V6 software that is built into the Mountain Lion OS and it syncs and completes but no entries made on either device swap over so my handset has entries missing from my Mac and vise versa.  After a sync my previously dismissed reminders on the handset re-appear so something is communicating across, just not my appointments.

I am now pulling my hair out, running a business without an up to date calendar wherever I am is not possible.  

Simple question to you BlackBerry... is the Blackberry Desktop Software for Mac fully compatible with Mountain Lion OS X 10.8.2??  Yes or No answer please?

If no, then I'm sorry BlackBerry, having switched back to your product from my iPhone due to battery life issues, you are forcing me to finally say goodbye to your company.  I don't want to go, I love my BlackBerry, but I need a resolution and I need one now.

Millions of Mac's are being shipped out around the world running mountain lion and us mac users have always been at the bottom of the pile.  Time to make a good product that is compattible and regain some of your lost share value.

We know you can do it ;-)  You once lead the way, and I'm sure you can come up with something again.  We don't all want toys in our pockets, we want to be productive.

PLEASE HELLP ME!!

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
FrankieS
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: Mac OS X 10.8.2 Mountain Lion - Calendar Data won't sync to Blackberry 9900 both ways

Hi wholestone,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community.

Do you have iCloud calendar enabled? If so, this may be why your calendar is not syncing. You would need a copy of the calendar that is saved locally on your Mac and not in iCloud. This KB provides more information as well as a possible resolution. "Synchronization support of BlackBerry Desktop Software for Mac" http://bbry.lv/Sm1SeJ

Hope this helps.

-FS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
petehoyt
My Device: Torch 9850
My Carrier: Sprint

Re: Mac OS X 10.8.2 Mountain Lion - Calendar Data won't sync to Blackberry 9900 both ways

i realize FrankieS' response is a few months old, but I'm having a similar problem on my Torch 9850.  I've transitioned from using Entourage or Outlook and using the MAC apps, (i.e., Mail, Calendar, Contacts, Notes).  After the transition I was able to sync ONE time.  I did this by having the Blackberry Desktop Manager (BDM) 'forget' my device.  then restarted and treated it as if a new device.  It synced without any issues and everything was good.  Started working with my wife's to get her set up similar to mine (separate user on my MAC).  I went back to my user profile to check a couple things and among them was a BDM sync.  when opening BDM, and selecting 'Calendar' the following is stated, "There ar no writable Calendars available for syncing on this computer.  Please launch iCal or Microsoft Entourage and create a new writable calendar."  Since 10.8 has Calendar rather than iCal, i launched Calendar, with NO change in that statement.  Tried your recommendation in your noted link.  Shutting iCloud off for Calendar completely erased my Calendar data and did NOT change the BDM's status in any way.  Tried closing and restarting the BDM any time I changed something ooutside to see if that would help; no go.  Not sure where to go from here?????

Please use plain text.