Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Desktop Software for Mac

New Contributor
CrazyPierrot
My Device: Bold 9900

OSX LION: BlackBerry® Desktop Software failed to connect to your BlackBerry® device.

Can't find any working solution in the forum...

Any idea?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
CrazyPierrot

Re: OSX LION: BlackBerry® Desktop Software failed to connect to your BlackBerry® device.

I have tried to reinstall the Desktop software, delete all system preferences, cahce, etc. : Didn't work :smileysad:

This problem is reccurent, every single time :

1. I connect the usb cable 
  2. I enter the pasword
  3. Then comes the message "BlackBerry® Desktop Software failed to connect to your BlackBerry® device."

Any idea what I might be doing wrong?

Please use plain text.
DMayaNYC
My Device: Bold
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: OSX LION: BlackBerry® Desktop Software failed to connect to your BlackBerry® device.

I have exactly the same problem with my device and my Mac.  I was wondering if you were able to find a resolution?

Thanks.

DM

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
CrazyPierrot

Sorry, no luck...
Please use plain text.
DMayaNYC

thanks anyway. i'll let u know if i find sthg
Please use plain text.
DMayaNYC

Ok, I fixed mine.  Try this

1. Restart your bberry (take battery out, wait 10 seconds, put it back)

2. Restart your Mac

3. Plug the bberry to the Mac (after it's back on -this usually takes longer than the Mac restart) 

Good luck.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kangfucius
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Rogers

no luck with my bb on osx lion. On Win7 the bb desktop mgr connects straight away to the bb but fails on the mac consistently, so this cannot be because of IT policy. come on RIM, this is your chance to get some market share back before we all ditch the bb in favour of ...

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kangfucius
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Rogers

Did get tethering working though, even if desktop software doesn't connect to the bb:

1. install the desktop software (presumably just for the device driver)

2. connect the bb to the mac

3. open system preferences, select Network, a dialog "New Interface Detected" should pop up. Click on OK and Apply

4. Follow the step-by-step configuration guide on http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/viewdocument.do;jsessionid=35708B4BDE1F7C1D664F4D963CE47E50?...

5. For Rogers, configure for:

Telephone Number: *99#

Account Name: wapuser1

Password: wap

6. Connect

Please use plain text.
Developer
Philipk
My Device: Dev Alpha & PlayBook
My Carrier: wifi

Having the same problem here. This is a huge annoyance because I have an App that took me forever to build, now I'm going to have to have to get windows running on my other computer which has linux on it at the moment. Unless there is a Desktop client for Linux as well.

Philipk
My Device: Dev Alpha & PlayBook
My Carrier: wifi

New Black Berry Desktop Software fixed this issue for me, just came out a few hours ago.

https://developer.blackberry.com/blackberry10devalphas/update?os=mac

Uninstall the desktop software and then reinstall with this update!