Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Desktop Software for Mac

New Contributor
jminitials
My Device: BB 9360
My Carrier: Orange

Organiser Option Missing in Desktop Software - Trying to Copy Contacts from Mac to BB 9360

Hi All

I'm really struggling here - trying to help my wife copy her contacts from her Mac onto her BB 9360. I've downloaded the BB Desktop Software, but I cannot find an 'Organiser' button.

Top left I see my phone, with a green usb connection sign when it is connected.

Left hand side of the screen are the various options - Under the word Summary it says Information and then lists Calendar, Contacts etc, and then under that it shows Media - Music, Pictures, Video etc.

Right hand side of the screen shows a picture of the phone and give some data about it.

In most of the instructions I've seen, I have to use the Organiser to tell the Desktop where to find the Contacts for it to copy them over - although I note it seems to know where the iTunes are stored without being told.

When I run Sync, it copies music over, and says it is copying contacts, but nothing seems to be transferred.

I can't find a Wireless Synchronisation option on the BB.

Can anyone help me please ?

Please use plain text.
Administrator (Retired)
SmoothRider
My Device: 9500, 8110, 8700, 8220, 9100, 9800, 9810, Z10

Re: Organiser Option Missing in Desktop Software - Trying to Copy Contacts from Mac to BB 9360

Hello jminitials

Welcome to the forums. 

On the Mac where are the contacts stored? What version of the Mac OS are you currently using and what version of the BlackBerry Desktop Software are you using? When you do the sync are you getting any kind of error message? 

With a bit more information we should be able to help you out. 

-SR

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.