Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Desktop Software for Mac

GrL1
My Device: Not Specified

PocketMac& Bold sweet as!

I updated to Bold from Curve could not get pocketmac and ent to sync. Delelted all Pocketmac files from the mac downloaded latest version Pocketmac installed and runs like a dream contacts calendar etc all good mac software is 10.5.5 very happy. Note inbetween I bought (waste of funds)  Mr Spaces  Missing Sync For Blackberry even though the bold features image wise on this site there is no actual reference to it being capable of working with the bold as i found out when i went back and had a closer look (read the text instead of looking at pictures) after it wouldnt work. Thats when i deleted all old pocketmac software downloaded the new and Whala!
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: PocketMac& Bold sweet as!

Nice job, Nice post!

Thanks,

Bifocals

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
thecount

Well, completely different story here.

its taken me about a week to get to this point, but I have downgraded Entourage 2008 to 2004 as pocketmac say its compatible with:

Macbook Pro (mine is 2.33ghz Intel Core Duo)
3GB ram
Entourage 2004 (latest version)
Blackberry Bold.

The Entourage 2004 identity is a completely new one, as I thought this would help. And all I have done is import the contacts, calendar and notes etc, from the previous version before. Getting no ENtourage Database error messages, so this should be fine.

It synced the contacts first time round, and they all appear on the Bold.

Then I synced the Calendar second time round.

Then I entered a new diary date on my BlackBerry Bold adn tried syncing again to check it was syncing fine.

And it was hanging for 30 mins, halfway across the bar at Calendar.

One strange thing I notice is this:

there are two drives that come up for the blackberry 1 & 2? is this normal?

Also, if I attempt to force quit, I notice in the "Force Quit Applications" :

IsyncRimCalendar for a while shows up as (not responding) but then after about 10 mins it closing automatically, then 5 mins later, pocketmac finishing. As I said above, this from start to finish is about 30 mins!

So, looking at the Calendar in Entourage, that entry I entered on my blackberry is in there, which is great. but now I have just noticed a load of duplications. Why is this? Gonna try and delete those now by using this script for calendar:

http://www.entourage.mvps.org/faq_topic/duplicates.html

Its still running so will have to wait and see what happens.

I can't run a system System Report, sorry, as it won't produce one, how come this does not work? looked on the desktop, nothing there.

Also, I am hoping that Tasks and notes sync ok.

So, Can you give me advise please:

Why is it taking so long to sync?
Please use plain text.
Contributor
mundo

I have a Blackberry Pearl, and I experience almost the the exact problems with Apple's native applications (mail, calendar, contacts, task and notes). I think that PocketMac is not prime time ready.  Hopefully with the launching of the new device, Storm, pocketmac will be fixed.  Otherwise, iPhone here I come. 

The only way I am able to fully sync my Pearl (device) is by wiping it out and starting from scratch.   

Please use plain text.