Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Desktop Software for Mac

New Contributor
VZW_BB_8330
My Device: Not Specified

PocketMac v4.1 DOES NOT START at all (after installation and restart)

Downloaded PocketMac v4.1 today (18AUG) and upon installation completion and restart, the program won't start at all!  Double-click, then a long pause with bouncing icon at bottom of screen, then a failure to startup.  No window opens at all.  I even uninstalled and re-installed to see if that would solve it...  

Is this common?  Maybe a new version bug?  What now?  There is currently NO v4.1 manuals/assistance

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
TMO8320

Re: PocketMac v4.1 DOES NOT START at all (after installation and restart)

Exact same problem with the most recent release of pocketmac 4.1.25  (using a new BB 8320 and a Macbook with Leopard v10.5.4).   Program does not start and I'm left with a bouncing icon.  I've reinstalled multiple times with no success.  HELP!!
Please use plain text.
waflar

Hi all,

I am having the same problem and this is driving me insane.

Please help!!!

My equipment are: Macbook Air with OSX 10.5 and BB 8320.

BB not connected to the computer when the problem arises.

Thanks to all.

Cheers

Please use plain text.
jsrx05

I'm having the same issue.  Although, It did start up once after the initial install.  But that was it.  I have been unable to get it to do it again after an uninstall and reinstall.

HELP!!!!

Please use plain text.
jeichenberg

I am having the some problem but only with one of the 2 users on my computer.  For one user it works fine and for the other I am having the same problem described by everyone else.  Any help?  
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
robgeraghty

Same problem here. Bought MacBook Pro today and need to get my BlackBerry 8110 synched up with Entourage but I can't get PocketMac to launch after installation. Any help would be really welcomed. 

THanks

Rob 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
laprile

Same issue! There is no "driver update" (as some have indicated would fix the problem), and no one seems to have a fix!
Please use plain text.
Pwhinatl

Does anyone know if the non-English drivers (from 2007) that are available on the download site will help or hurt?
Please use plain text.
rubenb

I have the same problem.  Install the Pocketmac, after instalation Double-click, then a long pause with bouncing icon at bottom of screen, then a failure to startup.  No window opens at all.  I even uninstalled and re-installed to see if that would solve it... 

Have any solution for this?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
robgeraghty

I managed to get PocketMac to launch this evening .. and to start to sync some data. Simply re-installed and re-booted and it seemed that we were making progress. However, it always crashed and never got through to a full sync. Did manage to transfer all contact over (over 1200) but just never felt right. 

Have now invested in Missing Sync for Blackberry at cost of $40 .. it feels like a way better piece of software but I'm still having sync headaches. It doesn't crash but I'm still not sure that it is set up correctly and sending right information to right places.

Sorry not better news.

Rob 

Please use plain text.