Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Desktop Software for Mac

New Contributor
DanielY
My Device: Not Specified

Re: SYNCRONISATION BB STORM - TO MAC COMPTR

Hi Brodie, I'm a new to this forum and is in need for some help. I've got a STORM and am using leopard OS. I've installed Pocket Mac and all updates but I can't sync contacts between Entourage 2004 and the STORM.

All others functions are fine - I can sync calendar as well as tasks, etc. Just the contacts part doesn't seem to be working.

FYI the device shows that it is connected with pocketmac and is syncing, however it's kind of stuck in the middle while syncing contacts...I tried to remove pocketmac, re-install it, checked all settings on the device but still no luck.

I've spent almost 4 hours trying to figure this out and would appreciate if you could help me with this issue.

Cheers,

Daniel

Please use plain text.
Contributor
litterbug

Thanks from me too, Brodie.  When you pointed out that the Pearl has no MTP setting I was able to move on and, combining a lot of suggestions all over the forum I got PocketMac working perfectly (who could have guessed that it matters which USB port you plug the BB into?).

litterbug

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
Brodie
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9700

Hi DanielY,

How long does the synchronization stick while performing the contacts?

What steps have you tried so far, aside from an uninstall, re-install?

Thank you!

Do you have questions about your BlackBerry smartphone?

Go to mobile.blackberry.com on your BlackBerry smartphone to enter your question and get instant answers!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
litterbug

Me too--I combined several suggestions from this forum and the final key was changing USB plugs.  I don't know why that was the issue, but it worked, so who cares?

Thanks for everyone's contributions.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
femjock

Hi there,

So been using PocketMac to sync for a few months, no issue...then today i got the following messge:

[01:32:40.162] An unexpected error has occurred: Bad device record set.  Check that the OID values are unique across records.
An unexpected error has occurred: Bad device record set.  Check that the OID values are unique across records.

this is the second of two.  i got a different one about 10 min before but i installed the updated drivers and instead of the getting the first message i got the one above instead.

anyone have any ideas what this message means? i restarted the computer before trying to resync.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

femjock

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
femjock

oh yeah, one other thing, i have the Blackberry Storm.

thanks again for the help.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
dsmbb

Hi there, 

I had a BB 8300 before and had no problems with my syncing. Today I bought a bb curve 8900 and haven't been able to sync anything from my mac. I tried uninstalling my previous version of pocket mac, I downloaded the latest version with the upgrade and have since restarted both my Mac and my bb. I've read some of the post which say to go to memory on the options menu on the storm but my bb 8900 doesn't have the protocols thing as does the storm, or at least I didn't find it. I need to sync my info asap, who can help me here?  

Thanks 

Please use plain text.
Brodie

Hi femjock,

This error message indicates an entry in either the device memory or on the Mac is not able to be read by PocketMac.

When performing your synchronization, please narrow the synchronization to one item at a time (Address Book, Calendar, etc), and this will tell us what we will need to focus on.

Once the corrupt database is found, to remove this data from the BlackBerry Smartphone, you can use the DataPurge utility described in this article:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/kb10501

Once this data has been removed, please run the SyncClean utility described in the above article as well, and then initiate a new synchronization.

Thank you!

Go to mobile.blackberry.com on your BlackBerry smartphone to enter your question and get instant answers!
Please use plain text.
Brodie

Hi dsmbb,

Is there an error message received when you attempt to sync your 8900 device?

Thanks!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
dsmbb

Hi Brodie,

Yes, error 4 skipping. When I go to the logs, it says no mounted media card found. I've just been able to sync my contacts after reading a post suggesting to just select one by one, it worked, but I haven't tried it yet with my calendars, tasks, etc. I will do it but if it doesn't work what should I do? 

And I would like to fix this problem in order to sync my bb easily, everything at the same time? Any suggestions??? 

Please use plain text.