Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Desktop Software for Mac

Contributor
mlucashouston
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Sync Error in latest version of Desktop Manager for Mac

I used to use Entourage, and I just gave up, because of the issues, so I switched to ical, and mail, until Outlook comes out by the end of the year. Hopefully, there won't be too many issues with Outlook...

Please use plain text.
Visitor
mfaro
My Device: Blackberry Curve
My Carrier: Verizon

What do you mean you "opened the terminal and pasted this command"?  I'm having the same problem, but I think I'm less techy than you guys.  Can you explain, step by step, exactly what you did to get rid of the error message and make your blackberry sync properly?

Mine worked, I updated the software, and now it doesn't work.  Same issue.  And I think it's mostly contacts that are the problem. 

Please use plain text.
msitaly
My Device: curve 8520
My Carrier: TIM italy

same here...I'm having the same problem with the contacts but am not so technical...pls advise.

I also tried to replace all contacts in my bberry with the result that everything disappeared and I had to restore the backed up version.

thanks in advance for your help!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
cbt1145
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8300

Same boat here, but I am new to Desktop manager and it won't sync calendar without wiping out over 600+ previous events ... any tips.  I may uninstall and go back to missing sync.  I want an iphone with verizon!!!!!!!  Just want everything to work together for once ~ not enough time in the day to solve all these problems and still get work done!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
wmfranke
My Device: Curve 8320
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Glad you solved your problem, but I am also confused about what you are referring to as "the terminal." My problem is the Blackberry Desktop Manager software. I am not using Sync Services or Entourage or Exchange to sync my device.

If you could explain what/where the terminal is and/or exactly what you did, that would be greatly appreciated.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
ss1013
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 8530

I tried the "terminal" route and that still didn't solve the constant error messages I get. I use Entourage, synced with iCal and Address Book, to sync with BB. The enduring sync problem I have is that adding events to the BB or either Mac calendar will sync through, but changes to them or deletions do not. 

The previous Desktop Manager for Mac version worked fine for me, too. And of course I tried the "replace all," per BB support instructions, which wiped out all calendar and contacts. Thank God for Time Machine.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
cbt1145
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8300

I finally gave up and went to Missing Sync.  I really wanted Desktop manager to work because I liked how it looked and felt, but I don't have the time to mess with sync problems and lost data.  At least missing sync works for me without loosing data.  Plus, it will sync bluetooth as often as I tell it to, which is nice.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
wmfranke
My Device: Curve 8320
My Carrier: T-Mobile

I am away from my Mac right now but thought I would post this here so others wouldn't have to wait to try this suggestion I just got from @BlackBerryHelp on twitter:

Try the following to forget the device and then reset synchronization in the BlackBerry Desktop Manager. Follow this link.

Please use plain text.