Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Desktop Software for Mac

New Contributor
Fonzysnap

Sync Problems w/ Blackberry PEARL 8110 & Mac

[ Edited ]

Hey there, I read through alot of the similar problems everyone else is having with sync issues, but nothing specifically relating to the 8110 Pearl.

I have a G4 Dual 1 gig Desktop running OSX 10.4.9.

I'm running Pocketmac Ver 1.2 (1.4) which is apparently also known as PocketMacForBlackBerry4.1.25

I'm also downloaded and installed the new update:  PocketMac v4.1 driver update

Doing this finally resolved the ongoing problem of my mac / Pocketmac never recognizing the Pearl when plugged into the usb cord.

However, it always crashes when i try to sync contacts from my address book.

I do not want to (if at all possible) wipe or delete my contacts on my Pearl, and would prefer to do the 2 way sync.

This problem has not been resolved, and I can not rely on my Blackberry like I thought i was going to able to.

This sync issue is a HUGE pain in the arse, and is really making me consider an iphone.

If anyone has any from Blackberry or this forum have any suggestions on a resolution for this, PLEASE let me know!!

I'd appreciate it!!

Message Edited by Fonzysnap on 12-17-2008 02:09 AM
Message Edited by Fonzysnap on 12-17-2008 02:10 AM
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Fonzysnap

Re: Sync Problems w/ Blackberry PEARL 8110 & Mac

BUMP!!!
Please use plain text.
Visitor
BB_DB

Hi There

I had some trouble originally with Pocket Mac (Still fiddling with it on a 2nd machine iBook G4 1.33), I then bough a copy of 'Mark's Space Missing Sync for Blackberry', it does exactly what it says on the tin. I had it working 100% with my 8120 pearl (on O2), and have even now changed to a Curve 8900 (on Orange) and it transfered seamlessly (All files, Contacts, Music, Photos). I is a very good product, it even does music, photos & notes sync. It is  running on a G4 933 Quicksilver but previously on a G4 Dual 533 (Both have 1GB ram).

I will update you on the Pocket Mac progress.

Good Luck

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Fonzysnap

Hey there, thanks so much for the reply and the heads up!!

I checked out the program, and just dowloaded a copy of it.

I'll have to upgrade my OS from 10.4.9 to 10.4.11 in order for it to work.

I'll let you know how it goes!!

Thanks again!!

P.S.  - who knows, perhaps with the new upgrade to 10.4.11, pocketmac MIGHT actually work!!   (shrugs)

Please use plain text.