Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Desktop Software for Mac

New Contributor
bflashnick
My Device: 8900
My Carrier: T-Mobile
Accepted Solution

Sync w/ Desktop Manager deleted all events in iCal

I just updated my Desktop Manager for Mac to 1.0.3 (build 16) and on the first sync of my 8900 Curve (OS 4.6.1.231) it deleted all of the calendar events from my ical.  The all of the events are on my BB, but none of them are on my iCal, and they won't sync back over.  Is there any way to fix this?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mikeindia
My Device: BLACKBERRRY BOLD 9000
My Carrier: ROGERS

Re: Sync w/ Desktop Manager deleted all events in iCal

I also upgraded to the latest version of Blackberry Desktop Manager for Mac v 1.0.6 (Build 16).

I synchronized my calendar and EVERYTHING from iCal was deleted.  Fortunately, my Blackberry Calendar is intact.  Despite this annoyance, this is still a major improvement over the first time I installed the desktop (sarcasm intended). 

I also tried creating an event on iCal and synchronized.  This new event sychronized with my Blackberry.  When I open the event the Send Using entry is the same email address that I used for all my other entries on my Blackberry.

So basically, my Blackberry Events don't sync to my iCal, but my iCal events sync with my Blackberry.

<RANT> It is very baffling why RIM hasn't been able to solve these problems for the past 3 years.  I'm still happier using Parallels with Microsoft Outlook (it hurts to say that) than using this unreliable product.  It's things like these that prevent me from using my Mac Calendar and Address Book.  The proposition value for switching to an iPhone is looking better every day.</RANT>

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
lyleh
My Device: 8030
My Carrier: Verizon

I encountered the same issue. After years of building birthdays, anniversaries, and other business and personal calendar appointments, this latest update deleted all of them!

Come on RIM, did you hire a clown for a CTO? Do you even alpha and beta test your software? I had to quit using Desktop for Windows on my virtual machine because it trashed my Outlook several times and to my pleasant surprise, the Mac version of your desktop software worked great with Entourage and now this BS!

I own a software company that markets to tier I corporations. If I were to release an update that wiped out customer's information, I've have my butt handed to me in a sling. My CTO would be fired and my developers put on notice.

Get your act together and stop releasing half baked software! Now, how do I get my calendar appointments back?

Please use plain text.
benzei
My Device: Cruve 8300

Here's the fix

It's an old fix for the same problem from a previous upgrade, but it worked like a charm!  Use OPTION 1, and when you restart your desktop manager and go to sync your information make sure you MERGE data since your ical has been cleared out!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bflashnick

Thanks benzei that took care of the problem in no time!  Only issue is that it pulled all of the events back into the default calendar for those created on the BB, but that is a small sacrifice!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
lyleh
My Device: 8030

Thanks benzel! You really saved my bucket and a lot of time for me. 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mikeindia
My Device: BLACKBERRRY BOLD 9000
My Carrier: ROGERS

:smileyvery-happy:

benzei:  THANK YOU SO MUCH! 

This simple fix has sorted everything out for me.  Syncing of Calendar and Address Book works just fine now.  I should also say that Backup and Restore has always worked perfectly so even if Sync doesn't work I know I at least have a Backup copy that I can rely on.

Please use plain text.
sbaskin
My Device: 8330
My Carrier: sprint

The new version has a very big bug: It wipes your calendar!  Good bye appointments!  Fix this RIM

Doesn't sync your contacts either.  If it messes up your calendar and it won't sync the contacts, why did they put this software out?

This can't be that hard for a company of RIM's resources.

Come on guys!

Please use plain text.
Visitor
lisefri
My Device: curve
My Carrier: at&t

I don't know where to find option 1? I am having the same problem: my ical info is all gone now since I downloaded the new desktop manager. also, the sync stops 3/4 of the way through and gives me an error message to try again. this has happened every time I retry. I have a mac. 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bflashnick

Option 1

1. Navigate to <User>/Library/Application Support/
  2. Delete the BlackBerryDesktop folder.
  3. Empty the Trash Bin.
  4. Restart BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
Please use plain text.