Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Desktop Software for Mac

New Contributor
jgoodmanjr
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9320
My Carrier: Vodafone

Synchronising Blackberry 9320 contacts with Apple Contacts

I cannot synchronise my Apple contacts with my blackberry contacts. On the Blackberry desktop when I click on contacts, there is a push button to select all contact files or selected. However in the box below there are no contact files to choose from. On the blackberry itself, the only contact file that is listed is gmail, and I cannot add to or delete that?

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
FrankieS
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: Synchronising Blackberry 9320 contacts with Apple Contacts

Hi jgoodmanjr,

Welcome to the support community!

Do you happen to be using iCloud services? If your contacts were added to iCloud, the local copy on your Mac would have been removed and the BlackBerry Desktop Software would be unable to see it to synchronize with it. This article provides a workaround to create a local contact list to synchronize with. "Synchronization support of BlackBerry Desktop Software for Mac" http://bbry.lv/Sm1SeJ

On the BlackBerry smartphone your Gmail account would be listed in Contacts if you are wirelessly synchronizing with it as in: "What is Google Mail contact synchronization" http://bbry.lv/NA07IK

Please let me know if that helps.

-FS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
iwaddobb77
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Synchronising Blackberry 9320 contacts with Apple Contacts

Unless I am mistaken the workaround described is not really a workaround is it?

I have an iPhone, iPad and iMac and syncing their contacts via iCloud, works - easy.

Now if I try and introduce a works Blackberry Curve 9300 to the equation it seems I cannot maintain the harmony between my iDevices and my Blackberry.

If I set my default to 'On My Mac' as per the article my contacts are still not visible to the Blackberry and my iMac is not syncing with iCloud.

Is there a sensible solution or another way, even if a little less tidy to enable me to sync between all devices, I don't mind if it is manual.

Thank you for any help

Please use plain text.