Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Desktop Software for Mac

New Contributor
pedsurgkb
My Carrier: Verizon

Syncing with multiple computers - who is king?

I have a PC at work, with my calendar on Outlook. At home, I back up, and occasionally add calendar events, with iCal. However, it seems that events added via iCal, then transferred to the BB with sync are over-ridden by the Outlook calendar. Some are simply rejected, or, if they are changes made in iCal to prior events, they magically revert to the prior (Outlook) version. And yes, I turn off wireless syncing while I sync with iCal, then turn it back on. I am also loosing events, even though my preferences are to keep all events. I am currently rebuilding my iCal events from a backup, but don't want to have all this happen again. Any help would be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,747

Re: Syncing with multiple computers - who is king?

You need to device in your Sync setup, which desktop ranks, or that you selectively choose on each sync which wins, device or desktop. That way YOU always have control over the sync.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
pedsurgkb

I'm not sure where I can set up this ranking. I use BB Desktop for Mac 1.0.2, and have never noticed any way to chose which ranks with more than one desktop. The Sync or Desktop Overwrites Handheld is all I've  seen.

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,747

There's not a place to set a ranking like you looking for.

Just set both Desktop Manager setups to sync with notification on conflict, then you'll choose each time which information get's synced.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
pedsurgkb

I don't sync with my work PC, the calendar is updated on the fly. So I turn off wireless sync when I sync to my Mac, and turn it back on right afterward. Then, theorectically, my work calendar should be updated by the BB with the new data from the Mac. Right? But sometimes the work calendar seems to overrule the new calendar items, and either changes or ignores them completely.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
pedsurgkb

Anybody with any other help on this?

Please use plain text.