Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Desktop Software for Mac

Visitor
samahmad
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: Tmobile

problem synchronising calendar - warning - will delete iCal appointments on my computer

[ Edited ]

Update:

I found the answer to my problem below on this forum - please, for anyone with the same issue, look under the topic "calendar delete" - you will find that a user JamisonF (Jamison Firestone) answered it perfectly - it works. You have to delete your blackberry 'history' first and start with a new 'first time' synch. I got into new trouble for a bit, as I deleted the blackberry app, before I found and deleted the folder Mr Firestone suggested and so got a new version of the Bberry software that then didn't recognise I had the iCal at all - I had to add a new calendar (someone else's suggestion on this forum!) - now I think it is all ok. But goodness me - what an incredibly, painful, unnecessary ad overcomplicated process for SOMETHING THAT WE RELY ON BLACKBERRY TO PRESERVE - OUR PRECIOUS DATA THROUGH SYNCHING! Sorry - but it is an enormous, gi-normous, huge, unforgiveable failure on the part of Blackberry that it is so badly messing up synching and making us all live in fear of losing our data - SYNCHING WITHOUT FEAR OF DATA LOSS IS FUNDAMENTAL!!!. It makes me see red. Does anyone remember Palm Pilots - synching was beautiful - you saw the synching happening, you resolved conflicts as they occured, no double entries, no failures. It is possible - and this was years ago!!! The technogeeks are making it worse - they are overcomplicating and costing people time, anxiety and headaches. I now feel LUCKY if I even get my data in the right place - I don't even care anymore if I have double entries - THAT MY DATA IS STILL THERE SEEMS TO BE LIKE A BLESSING. IT SHOULD NOT BE THIS WAY. Is this why Blackberry is about to go out of business. There - said it!

Hello - I wonder if anyone can help me.

When I synch my blackberry curve with iCal on my mac using the bberry software, I see the following message.

"A large amount of your organizer data has been deleted from your deviceIf you continue, this data will also be removed from your computer. Are you sure you want to remove this data from your computer?" The options presented are "Delete data from the computer,  Add data to device orCancel"

I can see on the blackberry calendar some shadowy appointments from several years ago that look like they used to be there - some calendar items must have been deleted from my blackberry in the past in error. I want to put all the old records of appointments from years ago that are in my mac iCal back on my blackberry. Yet the warning above sounds final  - "if you continue...this data will also be removed from your computer" which would be a disaster.  Yet that option - "Add data to device" sounds promising?? Could anyone help and tell me what happens if I press "Add data to device"? Will that put my computer calendar data back on my device or will that simply be me "continuing" and will all my mac calendar data be erased?  

Many thanks in advance - I am afraid to synch in case I lose all the calendar appointment records I have stored - some from when I had my son, which are precious memories. Any help would be very gratefully received. Sam 

Please use plain text.