Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Desktop Software for Mac

New Contributor
stevenkan
My Device: Not Specified

"No media card" in Bold/PocketMac 4.1 (w/updated USB driver), despite card installed

New BB Bold on a MaBook/10.5.5 with PocketMac 4.1 installed and USB driver update installed. I bought a Kingston 8 GB MicroSD card and installed it, then enabled Auto Mass Storage Mode. When I connect the Bold to my MacBook, the uSD card shows up as a mounted drive, with subdirectories for music, photos, etc. 

If I manually drag-and-drop MP3s into the music folder, I can then play them from the Bold. So the card is good, the connection is good, and the Bold is good.

But PocketMac doesn't see the media card, so I can't sync playlists from iTunes nor photos from iPhoto. The Music and Photos tabs of PocketMac allege "No media card installed," even though I can see the media card mounted as a volume in the Finder.

Is this a known problem? Is there a known solution? Or do I just manually copy media until this gets sorted out? 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
stevenkan

Re: "No media card" in Bold/PocketMac 4.1 (w/updated USB driver), despite card installed

Update: evidently this is a known issue with "No resolution time frame . . .currently  available"

Le sigh. 

Please use plain text.
hfishburn

Re: "No media card" in Bold/PocketMac 4.1 (w/updated USB driver), despite card installed

This may or may not help, but I read that it will recognize your media card if you go to Options-Media Card-then select "yes" or "prompt".  Sometimes it defaults to "No" on the phone and then the software doesn't understand that there is a card installed.  Hope this helps.

Please use plain text.