Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Desktop Software for PC

New Contributor
McN41R
My Device: 9810
My Carrier: o2

610_b038_multilanguage will only install in German (English Req)

[ Edited ]

I have downloaded above file and saved it to my desk top. When I run it it installs to German and provides no choice for UK.

I have check my internet language and my computer location, language and keyboard settings.... All to English.

I guess that this software is looking at something to say "install in German". I have tried to read up on it an understand that English is stored in folder 1033 but I have no idea how to force the installer to look here.

I am using windows 7.

I can find my way about on a computer, but that's about it!

Any simple help appreciated?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
-Jerrelle
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 3G
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Re: 610_b038_multilanguage will only install in German (English Req)

Hello, few questions.

Why exact piece of software are you trying to download?
Are you downloading it from the following link?
(http://us.blackberry.com/apps-software/desktop/)

Try to do a quick PC restart, if not you can search google for a alternate English download of the softtware you're trying to install.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
McN41R
My Device: 9810
My Carrier: o2

Re: 610_b038_multilanguage will only install in German (English Req)

I am so very disapointed in my blackberry equipment (Playbook and 9810) Its been weeks of trying to get the desktop software installed, so I can pair them together.

Last advice was sound by was not much help as the software is from the Blackberry.com and there is no english version available....

I have scoured my computer to try and find why the software would get a german language trigger (out of all the multilanguage software I install this is the only one that does not install in english).

As there are no other records of this type of faults on google, i have to assume it something to do with my computer or its set up.

any ideas are very appreciated ............. as I am dam fed up! :mansad:

Please use plain text.