Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Desktop Software for PC

New Contributor
chrisellins
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: 447899861828

A sequence of failures

Desk top 6.0 reinstalled following waht looked like a failry harmless corruption.

Clean uninstall and reinstall as per instructions.

On reinstallation I get "The application loader wizard requires the Blackberry Devcie Manager to be installed." on a pop up.

I found and have attempted to follow KB19072's instructions but cannot complete a repair. When I try and do so I get a pop up asking me for an alternate path to the installation package Blackberry Desktop Software.msi. It is using the path C:\Users\CHRISE~1\AppData\Local\Temp\WZSE2.TMP\

The installation Zip file was pulled down to my downlaod file but remains a Zip file and is not that keen in being extraced and then pointed to. When I go to downloads the file, unsurprisingly doe snot appear and then I get a Error 1706 and it shuts down.

What is as odd is the software will not shut down without being forced to do so, it will back up but not let me choose sync preferences withotu attempting to sync.

Have uninstalled and reinstalled a few times and have downloaded the official source of 610_b038 multilanguage

Help.

Last 4 years all worked like a dream. This is getting ugly and a tad frustrating.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
fscottb
My Device: Bold 9900

Re: A sequence of failures

I have had all sorts of drama with DM since it stopped worknig mid day on Thursday.  I finally came right after downloading the installation file from a site other than Blackberry.  There are some working links at:

http://forums.crackberry.com/desktop-software-f153/where-download-older-versions-desktop-manager-698...

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
chrisellins

Taking a look now. Will report out if I get a fix. Cheers.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
chrisellins

Unbelievable.

I have spent 3 days wrestling with a corrupt file supplied by BB from their host server.

Thank you for taking the time to help me.

This link was the best source of the 3 provided in your link. The other two failed during download.

http://jumbofiles.com/njt97tvw6nbb/610_b038_multilanguage.exe.html

Thanks again.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
fscottb
My Device: Bold 9900

I am very glad to hear that you came right!

Please use plain text.