Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Desktop Software for PC

New Contributor
eddieoconnor
My Device: bold 9780
My Carrier: orange

Re: Anyone elsed having problems with desktop software V7.0 Bundle 2048?

Thanks,  I'll give it a go.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ianspence1972
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: rogers

Same problem here, DM won't even launch.

I did a clean unistall, rebooted, reinstalled V6 that I still had saved on my hard drive and now it is doing the same thing.

Curious, when I can in this morning, my computer was shut down, when I started it up I got the "windows has been recently updated and needed to reboot"

I wonder if the windows update caused the problem.

Ian

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
hatchback
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone

[ Edited ]

Hello everyone,

We are aware of users reporting this issue of synchronizing with BlackBerry Desktop Manager. Please be patient as we are investigating the issue.

Thank you.

-HB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ianspence1972
My Device: 9700

I did a system restore back to Tuesday Feb 14th and that seems to have corrected the problem for now. Maybe it was something to do with the windows update.

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,846
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

hatchback wrote:

Hello everyone,

We are aware of users reporting this issue of synchronizing with BlackBerry Messenger. Please be patient as we are investigating the issue.

HB, seems to be greater than just with BlackBerry Messenger, if you read through the dozens of posts here in the forum.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
rfbridge
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: AT&T

disagree with RIM statement that initial V7 sync operation will eventually succeed

I just saw a post that refered to information from Blackberry support:

"When attempting to synchronize PIM data (contacts, calendars, memos, tasks) with BlackBerry® Desktop Software 7.0, for the first time after updating, the synchronization process appears to freeze at the Preparing sync preview screen. In some circumstances this process can take over an hour to complete, but eventually the operation will succeed.

I respectfully disagree with the last sentence above. My computer ran fro 10 hours over night and the inital sync operation never succeeded. For more than 10 hours, CPU utilization for  DESKTOP was over 50%,  and the Page File Usage on Windows Task Manager was near full scale. The total Commit Charge(k)  remained just barely below the Limit, and Windows decided on its own to increase the size of virtual memory. Would be glad to forward a screen shot of Windows task manager to anyone at RIM.

There is no way the operation was going to succeed. My computer was totally overloaded. That bird don't fly.

Environment:  Windows XP; Dell Latitude D620 Notebook (Centrino Duo processor), no other programs running; 60G of empty space on C: drive;  7,000 Outlook contacts, 1,500 Outlook calendar items, a few hundred Tasks and Memos.

RIM doesn't appear to have robust testing and QA environment. My next phone will be an Android or iPhone.

Please use plain text.
jeffkirby
My Device: 9800

Re: disagree with RIM statement that initial V7 sync operation will eventually succeed

agree with that! I gave up after 3 hours!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
gaberguy
My Device: 9800 torch
My Carrier: att

Re: disagree with RIM statement that initial V7 sync operation will eventually succeed

finally found success by doing a torough un-install, and downloading older version 6.1from softpedia.com

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jeffreyhume
My Device: Curve 8900
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re Hatchback's post asking us to be patient. How will we know when RIM has come to nay conclusion (even if it's an interim one)? There are so many threads going on this issue.

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,846
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

jeffreyhume wrote:

Re Hatchback's post asking us to be patient. How will we know when RIM has come to nay conclusion (even if it's an interim one)? There are so many threads going on this issue.

Good question.

1. They will likely post back with a link to a Knowledge Base article outlining the fix or workaround.

2. There are many very knowledgeable users in the forum here who track stuff like this who will post it.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.