Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Desktop Software for PC

stoney_or_bully
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Telstra

Auto update has wrecked everything.

I'm hoping someone on here can please help me.

Two nights ago I updated my BB Bold 9900 to the latest os version available 7.1 something.  It did the automatic backup first, and then my nightmare began.

The phone wouldn't work at all.  Was either getting an error 200 message or I think it was an error 507.  Desktop software wouldn't recognise the phone so I tried to repair it.  I tried downgrading it to an earlier version and that wouldn't work either (was still getting an error 200 message at that point).

To cut a long story short I ended installing BB desktop software on a new computer, and was able to get that computer and desktop software to repair the phone so it worked with os 7.0.  I have since restored it from backup on my normal computer and all contacts, photos etc have worked fine but the following is still happening:

No apps have been installed (facebook, twitter, BBM world, password keeper etc).  I don't care about most but I had numerous important passwords stored in the password keeper and I really need to get them back as I can't remember all my passwords.

When I try and use the desktop software to add the apps back on it says "loading apps" and the green circle starts turning, but it goes no further.

If I try and exit it out of desktop software it says exiting desktop software and the green circle starts, but then it never closes down and the only way to get it to close is to use task manager.

Is there any way I can get the data from Password keeper back?  Please tell me there is!

Thanks in advance,

Andrew.

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
gutijose14
My Device: Blackberry Q10 (OS 10.2.1.2234)
My Carrier: Movilnet

Re: Auto update has wrecked everything.

Hello Stoney_or_Bully

I recommend that you do apply a Factory reset + Wipe + Wipe your Blackberry
With BBSAK 

How to Install or Upgrade to a New BlackBerry Operating System

Or How To Reload Your Operating System 

Regards...

Kudos ** Do not forget to give those people who help and advise you regarding your questions ** Can
Accept as Solution to ** Comments **
@gutijose14

BBM Channels  PIN: C0007093A
Do not forget to give LIKE   Like Those people who help you and advise you about your doubts. Accept as Solution if the review has been SOLVED** # BBM 4LL4LL BlackBerry #ÉliteRoad Elite Make a backup of your BlackBerry
BlackBerry Protect and  BlackBerry Link constantly. BlackBerry #ichooseBlackBerry10 Gutijose14 Forums Advisor III  Gutijose14

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
thevalley
My Device: BOLD9900
My Carrier: Koodo

Re: Auto update has wrecked everything.

so the solution (gutijose14) to a failed upgrade is to reload the operintg system?

Please use plain text.