Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Desktop Software for PC

New Contributor
Sopestar

Automatically delete email from Inbox after receiving it on the Blackberry

Hello,

I know this may sound like a strange question, but trust me it isn't.  Is there a way to have an email message automatically deleted from the email inbox once that same email message has been received on your blackberry?  Meaning to have all emails located on the blackberry and deleted from the inbox afterwards.

Thank you

SopeStar

Please use plain text.
Elite I
jmrmb80

Re: Automatically delete email from Inbox after receiving it on the Blackberry

Is your BlackBerry setup to receive corporate or personal email?
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Sopestar

Sorry,

I'm on a Corporate BES server (4.1.5)

Please use plain text.
Elite I
jmrmb80

I'm not sure of a rule that would do that. But what is your Delete On setting set to?

Check under Messages, hit the menu key and go into Options. Then go into Email Reconciliation. You can then change to 'Delete On' to Mailbox and Handheld.

Handheld means it will remain in the email client once deleted from the device

Mailbox and Handheld means it will delete from both the email client and the device

Prompt means the person would get a prompt on the BlackBerry to either delete from the Handheld or Mailbox and Handheld

So if you set it to Mailbox and Handheld, if you delete from the BlackBerry it will delete from your email client

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
Please use plain text.