Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Desktop Software for PC

New Contributor
kkbee
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: ATT

BB Desktop Manager Calendar Sync with Windows 8

I just purchased a computer that has Windows 8.  I have successfully downloaded BB Desktop Manager.  Does anyone know how to sync Microsoft Calendar to BB Desktop Manager? Is it possible?  

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kkbee
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: ATT

Re: BB Desktop Manager Calendar Sync with Windows 8

I just spoke with someone at RIM.  Microsoft Calendar in Windows 8 is not yet supported by BB Desktop Software.  The RIM rep said they will send out a release supporting MS Calendar in Windows 8 sometime in November. 

In the meantime, I was told to purchase MS Outlook or wait until November.  

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
sheldonbk
My Device: Q10, Z10, PlayBook 32

Am likewise having issues syncing with Windows 8 (and also Office 2013). Windows 8 is already offcial and out. If the information from @kkbee is correct, then sync withh everything but calendar should work.  Am having issues with all organizer sync's, but my issue is possibly related also to Office 2013.

I don't know if there are similarities or common messages, but I reported on...

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Desktop-Software-for-PC/Sync-Error-Caught-com-error-exception...

Sheldon

Twitter: @sheldonbk
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sifryer
My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: Koodo

It is now mid-December and I can't find any reference to syncing my 9300 to Windows 8 calendar - am I missing something?

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Hello,

You are missing only one thing...the proper place to be looking:

• KB12268Synchronization support for BlackBerry Desktop Software for Windows

Until that KB is revised and/or an otherwise official statement is released from RIM, then what is in that KB governs what is compatible.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
sheldonbk
My Device: Q10, Z10, PlayBook 32

I don't think there's an issue with Windows 8 in general. My problem is with Microsoft Outlook 2013.

Windows 8 is supported per RIM's article from it's knowledge base at http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/viewdocument.do;jsessionid=3CE2803CE877D0937D6D401C31E0F1FC?...

Twitter: @sheldonbk
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

sheldonbk wrote:

I don't think there's an issue with Windows 8 in general. My problem is with Microsoft Outlook 2013.

Windows 8 is supported per RIM's article from it's knowledge base at http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/viewdocument.do;jsessionid=3CE2803CE877D0937D6D401C31E0F1FC?...

Yes, and do you see OL2013 in the KB I provided? I don't...hence, I would have no expectation of compatibility...

FYI -- it was the other poster who was asking about Win8 Calendar...and that likewise is not in the compatibility KB...hence, it's not.

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Contributor
ta1835
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Rogers

I'm also having issues with Windows 8, Office 2013 and the Blackberry sync process.  Also now have an issue with synch of music.  When I click on Media Sync I get "Music services failed to load.  An unexpected error has occured"  The only kb article I can find on this says to recreate my iTunes library.  No real interest in doing that as I am not confident it will work.  Anyone else having this issue?  Anyone else getting this erro when trying to do two way synch to Outlook 2013 Calendar "A program error occured in line 131 in .|Error.cpp.  Please report this error by sending a log to technical support."

msr
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

ta1835 wrote:

I'm also having issues with Windows 8, Office 2013 and the Blackberry sync process.  Also now have an issue with synch of music.  When I click on Media Sync I get "Music services failed to load.  An unexpected error has occured"  The only kb article I can find on this says to recreate my iTunes library.  No real interest in doing that as I am not confident it will work.  Anyone else having this issue?  Anyone else getting this erro when trying to do two way synch to Outlook 2013 Calendar "A program error occured in line 131 in .|Error.cpp.  Please report this error by sending a log to technical support."

Hello,

Please read the posts above...OL2013 is not yet supported, so the only thing one can expect is the unexpected (random errors and such). Until the Desktop Software is updated to include OL2013, one should not expect it to function at all.

There is a KB for the "line 131" error, however:

• KB32032 Recurring appointments of a specific pattern cause the sync to fail with an error message in BlackBerry Desktop Software

But, again, if it works for you, that'll be an unexpected outcome...the expected outcome would be for non-functionality with OL2013.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.