If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Desktop Software for PC

Contributor
onggp
My Device: Playbook 64GB
My Carrier: Globe Telecom

How to Connect Blackberry Internet to Windows 8

Well thanks for the info. I think it really is a bug of Windows 8. I hope RIM gets to read this thread and take action. My dilemma is temporarily resolved because I have to uninstall and install the Desktop Software every time I need to connect to the internet. Bummer.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
fbh59
My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: How to Connect Blackberry Internet to Windows 8

well, why uninstall and install again??
you can connect it using bluetooth, in this case no need of any more installations.

Please use plain text.
djstocko
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: TIM

I am haveing the same problems. Have to install/Unistall to get it working. Bluetooth isn't an option becasue for some reasopn BBDS is telling me the PC doesn't support BT. Which it clearly does since other applictaions see the phone via BT.
Is RIM going to do something ?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
fbh59
My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: BSNL

guys
if you are finding difficulty to install bluetooth, then follow these steps.

[note: pc/laptop manufactureres have stopped providing drivers for unsupported models of windows 8. latest model may directly get windows 8 compatible drivers either with the system or in their official website]

for those models for which windows 8 is NOT OFFICIALLY SUPPORTED(but in 99% of latest unsupported models of windows 8 run it flawlessly, they can do the following:

download the latest bluetooth driver compatible with your PC/system.
double click the installer---->after some time it may show some COMPATIBILY ISSUE ERROR---->well don't worry

this is what i did for a DELL INSPIRON LAPTOP
when you double click the installer, the files get extracted directly to the C drive just like while installing AMD/Nvidia drivers.
go to that folder-->drivers--->some R226746 named folder(for dell only)[it varies depending upon brands], then go to win64 or win32 folder depeding on the architecture of the OS installed.

now dont double click INST.exe(the installation may stuck in the middle), first install with BtwMM.exe and after the installation is complete install with INST.exe which is located in the same win32 or win64 folder.

voila, your bluetooth is successfully installed.

NOW connect your BLACKBERRY internet via bluetooth, and you do not need to install the blackberry software again and again(you shoulsd already know how to share your blackberry internet with your PC using bluetooth, but without the desktop software).

now again one problem, if using blutooth also(it connects as with DIAL UP MODEM) u are unavle to connect, i.e. it shows some error like ERROR 734 or 635(i dont know which error number it shows(forgotten, sorry)), then do the following.
open device manager---->modems-->standard modem over bluetooth link(double click it)---->advanced tab
under EXTRA INITIALIZATION COMMANDS, if its blank type the following

AT+CGDCONT=1,"IP","wap.cingular"

where you need to replace WAP.CINGULAR with your APN provided by your cellular network, for e.g. in BSNL(for indians) it is BSNLNET(you need to type in lowercase)
if you dont get your apn you can contact your network provider, if they are useless and get confused, then GOOGLE IS YOUR BEST FRIEND.

that's it, now again if you find issues, it may be network problem(its no more a problem of windows 8 or BLACKBERRY or BLUETOOTH)

[NOTE: if in device manager you don't see the modems option or bluetooth modem also, the please check whther bluetooth is installed or not, if installed, then check in task manager whether the bluetooth service is running or not. if not, then restart it
if you dont see the option in task manager press "WIN BUTTON+R"---->type services.msc----->search for the bluetooth thing,, turn startup to automatic and start it--------> the device manager will sjow the bluetooth modem now(no restart needed)]

i think by now, people will ve no issues connecting to intenet using BLUETOOTH in WINDOWS 8.

windows 8 is bit buggish :smileytongue:, lets wait for blackberry for its newer version of desktop software which may be compatible with windows 8.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
myarem
My Device: torch 9800
My Carrier: sasktel

Re: BB Desktop Software won't connect to internet on Windows 8

hey there i am having this same problem. Could you tell me how you fixed yours

Please use plain text.
Visitor
brunoselli
My Device: BOLD 9700
My Carrier: OI

Hi!

I'm speaking from Brazil... I have the same problem here... my bold doesn't connect on Windows 8... I've tried Bluetooth, USB cabe (using desktop software), both without sucess...

Thanks,

My computer: Lenovo T400

OS BB9700: 6.0 pakage 2718

Please use plain text.
qrdss
My Device: 9790
My Carrier: Orange

Hi. I'm trying to use your solution. Do you happen to know why there is no COM ports in the list when adding new modem via add legacy hardware wizard?

s

Regards,

Paweł

Please use plain text.