Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Desktop Software for PC

Visitor
ibuzz
My Device: Not Specified

BB Desktop crashes after XP repeated sync

Problem:

I install desktop v. 4.2.2.14 on my machine running XP. 

Sync with outlook (cal, notes, tasks, etc.) fine.

Shutdown.

Restart. Sync again. Fine.

Don't shutdown and sync a second time? Crash, right around record #121 in the calendar (or so it seems).

I've repaired, uninstalled, reinstalled countless times. Always starts out OK, then crashes after a few days. Sometimes even when I've shutdown and restarted. 

Help?

Please use plain text.
krazybean

Re: BB Desktop crashes after XP repeated sync

I am having the same problem too... it started when i upgraded to the 4.2.2, i tried downgrading but still have the crash during sync.

trying to downgrade i got permission errors to the files in the connector folder and when i look into the details of the crash it references those .fil files

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bberryfusion

Re: BB Desktop crashes after XP repeated sync

i'm having a similar problem with mine. had the 8100 pearl for about 9mths with no problems. upgrade to the 8120 and with it came new sware - 4.3. Went to load that on the pc but struck an error. My IT guys analyse, decide to create a new profile for me in outlook, then load the software with no problems.

synch up the new 8120 ok the first time. second time it adds the calendar appointments again - duplicates all 433 records on the handset. so i delete them and then re-configure synchronisation. synch up fine about twice then the dtm crashes on about the 3rd synch. repeats the crash a few times so i start looking for help. Follow all the advice i can find then uninstall the new software, re-install it and then get my old pearl and it synchs just fine. So i do the switch device wizard so i have the last week or so of emails from the new device on teh old one.

i take the new one back to the store & tell them it's faulty. Back to the office and synch up the new one? no way, the dtm crashes at the same outlook calendar record # 187!

back to the internet to sort it out. 2 days later and 3 uninstall/reinstalls later - including the latest go which follows the 5 step process on teh bberry website, including deleting the C:\Blackberry folder. reinstall and teh same crash!

i can't get passed record 187 of 433 no matter what i do. maybe there was a bug in teh new 8120 that i migrated back on to the 8100 when i did the switch wizard? maybe a dtm sware problem with windows XP outlook 2003?

help anyone?

Please use plain text.