Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Desktop Software for PC

New Contributor
forrest999
My Device: torch 9800
My Carrier: att

BB Destop Manager 6.0 Freezes on Startup

I have a AT&T Torch 9800 6.0 OS with an HP laptop Windows 7 OS.  I am running DM 6.2 (previous version was 6.1).  DM worked fine for several months.  Without any warning or changes, my DM 6.1  stopped working at startup - it just froze, repeatedly.  I recently searched across the web for a solution.  I uninstalled/reinstalled DM 6.0 using www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB02206 , restarted my laptop multiple times, disabled a variety of startup programs, etc.  In short, I have done everything possible, from simple to complex, and DM still freezes on startup.  Any help is appreciated.   

Please use plain text.
rrumaner
My Device: 9800 Torch
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: BB Destop Manager 6.0 Freezes on Startup

Same problem here. I have a 64bit Windows 7 system and just bought a 9800 Torch. I installed BB Desktop Software to move some files and stuff from my previous 9700 Bold but cannot get BBM to load. I get the software to load as far as the box on the screen and then nothing. I have tried it with the phone connected and not connected. Device Manager can see the phone but the Desktop Software just won't load. I have uninstalled, reinstalled, rebooted, everything and still nothing. Any help would be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
carchick
My Device: bold
My Carrier: verizon

Re: BB Destop Manager 6.0 Freezes on Startup

[ Edited ]

I'm having the same issues.

I updated from 5.1 to 6.0.

Initial sync was no issue.

Shortly after, I cannot launch software at all. 

Well - it launches, but it freezes at the home startup page for the desktop software (where there is a pic of your own phone)

I tried to uninstall, reinstall.

I have 64 bit Windows NT HP EliteBook 8740w

It locks up my whole computer when it freezes.

Help.

Please use plain text.