Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Desktop Software for PC

Visitor
Tra_Solo
My Device: Tour 9630
My Carrier: MTS

BB recognized by computer & Desktop Manager, but does not connect?

All right, I've scoured these forums and can't figure this out. Tell me if I've missed something.

Blackberry is recognized by my computer AND by Desktop Manager, but does not fully connect so I can sync. I can see it in My Computer, and the Desktop Manager does recognize the model of smartphone when it's plugged in. Both Windows, and Desktop Manager ask me for my password when I connect the USB cord. However, it just says 'connecting' in the bottom right, and never gets past that. When the phone is initially plugged in, the screen goes to the clock (normal), and flashes the 'connection' screen (BB and computer icons connecting with a cord). It flashes that screen twice then goes back to the clock. The Desktop Manager then just keeps trying to connect, until I unplug it. Both the computer and desktop manager recognize when I've unplugged it.

Running:

Windows 7, 64bit

Desktop Manager 6.1.0.35

Blackberry Tour 9630

This is a new computer. I was running Windows XP with Desktop Manager 6.1.0.35 previously, and it worked no problem, but that is no longer an option.

The goal is to be able to sync with Outlook 2007. Need very badly to be able to do this.

Did all the simple stuff:

Oh so many Windows restarts,

Blackberry battery pull, both unplugged and plugged into computer with Desktop Manager running,

Desktop manager reinstall,

plugged into every different USB port,

tried a different cord.

Went deeper:

BB USB drivers fully up to date

Turned OFF USB power management on all my ports in device manager,

Disabled USB selective suspend setting

Deleted my intellisync folder in appdata/roaming,

Turned off Windows UAC notifications,

Tried every combination of BB memory compression on and off, or mass storage mode on and off,

There might be more I've tried but don't remember. I've been searching the net for days now.

Please let me know if there's anything else I can try. This is a serious issue for me right now, I need to be able to sync with Outlook 2007.

Thanks in advance

Please use plain text.