Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Desktop Software for PC

New Contributor
kd4wat
My Device: storm 9350
My Carrier: verizon

Re: BBDM 6.0 APPLICATIONS "APPLY" BUTTON DOES NOT WORK

I followed all the procedures to uninstall, delte folders, register the dll, and reinstall, all to no avail.  The button remains disabled.  What can be done?

No enterprise server, just regular setup.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kd4wat
My Device: storm 9350
My Carrier: verizon

I want to post what it took for me to make it happen on my machine:

Win 7 64 OS

ASUS M70Vn laptop

I first had the same experience that the others on this forum have comlained about.  I took the following steps:

Uninstalled, deleted registry settings, removed directories, registered atl.dll, rebooted.

Problem still existed.  Did hard reset on BB.  Still had the problem.

Finally went to Options/Applications on the BB and removed a couple of items, rebooted the BB.

Reconnected after bootup, started Desktop Software, and the Apply button worked. 

Don't know if this will work for everyone, but it did for me. Just thought I'd share it.

:smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
PastorEldred
My Device: Bold 9000
My Carrier: AT&T

After following all the helpful advice listed here (clean uninstall, reinstall, registries, application deletion, etc.) I still had the same problem.

But then ... EUREKA!  A simple solution appeared:  I switched the port connecting my BB to my computer.  By using a different USB port, it was able to detect and perform the updates as needed.

Now, after 4+ hours, I feel like the south end of a northbound horse.  Such a simple solution!

Oh, and now to go reinstall the applications I deleted ...

Please use plain text.
diggetydog
My Device: Not Specified

I have gone trhrough this process (  http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB02206 ) twice and cannot get the desktop software to update my storm. I am on Widows 7 64 bit. This is super frustrating. Is there a patch. can you guys update the software. Really. I hear an Android calling my name.

Please use plain text.
phas
My Device: Not Specified

I'm having the same problem here and my phone, a bold 9000, is not a enterprise phone. I restarted, changed usb port but nothing happened.

Please use plain text.
medicdanrn25
My Device: Storm 9530
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

I have followed all of the instructions and switched the usb port and still I cannot "apply".

Any more suggestions?

Please?

Please use plain text.
crego
My Device: Bold 9000
My Carrier: Rogers

Still no response from BB on this?  A year later, I just downloaded the Desktop software on to a laptop running Windows 7 that has never had a previous version installed.

Bold 9000 not Enterprise phone.

In the end the APPLY button does not work.

Any help?

Please use plain text.
SG7
Contributor
SG7
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: Fido

I'm having the same issue.  I plug my 8820 into my computer. I can load the desk top software. I can do a back up and am even able to go to applications & it will load up the applications.  I can even select an application to delete but am unable to get the "apply" button to work.  Is very frustrating as I have an app that isn't working correctly and was trying to uninstall it so I could do a clean reinstall.

I checked the service books and found nothing that said "desktop" and my phone is an unlocked one.  I have reinstalled the desk top software and still the "apply" button does not work.

Anything I can try?  Any other methods other than desk top manager that I can use to uninstall apps from my phone?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Blakey
My Device: Torch 9860
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile

I took a couple of suggestions from the above posts.Firstly to make more space available on the BB (Bold 9000)

1. Deleted unused games.

2. Deleted no longer used apps.

After rebooting BB , coonected to an alternative USB.

I was then able to delete foreign languages via the Application section on BBDM.

Apply button works fine now so not sure if it was the change of USB or creating space, but all is working fine.

Please use plain text.
Merlin1935
My Device: CURVE 8900
My Carrier: TMOBILE

I deleted some foreign language applications on BBDM. That created more space and I was able to click on APPLY button. 

The bottom line is that Blackberry's has poor customer service. They could simply have posted the solution, and it's been two years. Customers should not be left in the dark to figure out the solution for over two years. 

Please use plain text.