Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Desktop Software for PC

BJpontalion
My Carrier: Verizon

BBDM 6.0 APPLICATIONS "APPLY" BUTTON DOES NOT WORK

I am running windows 7, I installed the latest BBDM 6.0. I have a HP DV71254dx laptop, and a  BB 9530 storm. I cannot add or remove any applications and the BBDM is saying I have exceeded avaliable storage. The button that says apply at the bottom right is not active. Meaning I cannot click on it to apply the application settings to remove applications.

PLEASE HELP THIS IS REALLY ANNOYING!

BJ

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
trepetti

Re: BBDM 6.0 APPLICATIONS "APPLY" BUTTON DOES NOT WORK

Same environment, same problem!  I can't believe that no one has answered your post in over 2 weeks.....oh wait....yes I can.

Are you having the same problem as I with the backup as well?  I set BB Desktop to backup once a week, but EVERY TIME the program starts and I connect my handheld...it does a backup.

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
Dr_Palto
My Carrier: Rogers

Hello,

I would recommend performing a clean uninstall of the BlackBerry Desktop Software 6.0 and make sure all the files are removed. You may reference this article for location of the installation files.

Link: http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB02206

Upon completing the uninstall process make sure to restart your computer. Then re install the BlackBerry Desktop Software 6.0 and try configuring synchronization settings again.

Thank you

-DrP

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
acontorer

The problem is that your phone is configured with an Enterprise Server account, and your admin has disabled installing/deleting applications. This results in no error message, just a disabled Apply button, which is very poor user interface design.

If you do NOT have an Enterprise Server account but your phone is confused into thinking you do, go on your phone to Settings.Advanced.ServiceBooks and delete all those called DESKTOP -- but don't blame me if you weren't supposed to do that! Worked for me.

Please use plain text.
acontorer

The problem is that your BlackBerry is configured for enterprise email, and your administrator has disabled installing apps. Why no error message?! Badly designed software.

The fix is to ask your administrator (your information technology department) to give you permission to install applications.

If you do NOT have enterprise email, you can kill that feature off your BlackBerry by going to Settings.Advanced.ServiceBooks and deleting all entries called DESKTOP but that's at your own risk. It worked for me -- Apply button works now.

Please use plain text.
dag
New Contributor
dag

Hi Guys,

I have the BB 8320 T-Mobile Unlocked, The Apply button on the BBDM 6.0 does not work - no message of any kind of course...

It is not an Enterprise phone but I bought it Unlocked.

Enterprise Activation status is: Not Activated

Looking in the Service Book I have non that has DESKTOP in its name

I have the following Service Book entries:

Cellcom MMS Transport [WAP]

WAP Transport [WAP]

WAP BrowserConfig [Browser WAP]

Wap Push Config  [WAPPushConfig]

Wi-Fi TCP/IP Browser [BrowserConfig]

WiFi TCP/IP Transport [WPT...]

MMS Client [MMS]

Any suggestions which of these might be causing the trouble

Please use plain text.
Contributor
bryonmoyer
My Carrier: Verizon

Earlier today I posted about synch configuration not working before this got bumped (and this title didn't look similar). But now I'm wondering if my basic problem is that I installed without uninstalling the old stuff - including the registry edits posted above here.

Is it really required to edit the registry in order to uninstall older versions in order to get version 6 to work? Or is that sort of an "overabundance of caution" thing? I generally have a policy of not editing the registry, so if that's really the deal, I'll uninstall version 6 until someone figures out how to do it right.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
wido
My Carrier: Airtel

Same problem. 

When I selecting things for installation ("+") it says "pending install". But clicking "apply" does nothing.

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
Dr_Palto
My Carrier: Rogers

Hello,

Have you tried to restart the BlackBerry smartphone and then trying again? Make sure you have enough space on the smartphone to perform this action.

Thank you

-DrP

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
tamalita

I have been having the same issue since the update to v 6. I am not using Enterprise, it's never been activated on my BB. I have done a clean reinstall of the desktop software. I have also rebooted my BB (numerous times), but cannot install or uninstall software using the v 6 desktop manager.

I am using Windows XP and have a BB storm 9530.

Please use plain text.