Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Desktop Software for PC

Contributor
MrAureliusR
My Carrier: N/A

BBDS not connecting timely

[ Edited ]

Sorry to break topic but I've been browsing through the forums. I'm running XP and as jarviser said above I've been having connection issues. Both USB and Wi-Fi seem VERY slow for copying files... I have USB 2.0 and an 802.11n card... can't figure out what the problem is.

Are the WinXP drivers really that outdated that BBDS can't communicate efficiently? When I connect my PB it takes (literally) about 10 minutes to get to the 'sync now' And then when I choose a different tab (music, video, etc) it says it has a problem connecting. I've tried a few things but gave up and just used wi-fi to copy all my media over.

However, I can sideload (sometimes) from the same PC. About %30 of the time though, sideloading fails for no apparent reason.

Any ideas?

-----------------------
PlayBook 16GB Wi-Fi
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,753
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: WHY IS THERE NO ALBUM ARTWORK WHEN I COPY MUSIC ACROSS?

MrAureliusR wrote:

Sorry to break topic but I've been browsing through the forums. I'm running XP and as jarviser said above I've been having connection issues. Both USB and Wi-Fi seem VERY slow for copying files... I have USB 2.0 and an 802.11n card... can't figure out what the problem is.

Are the WinXP drivers really that outdated that BBDS can't communicate efficiently? When I connect my PB it takes (literally) about 10 minutes to get to the 'sync now' And then when I choose a different tab (music, video, etc) it says it has a problem connecting. I've tried a few things but gave up and just used wi-fi to copy all my media over.

However, I can sideload (sometimes) from the same PC. About %30 of the time though, sideloading fails for no apparent reason.

Any ideas?

Thanks for the apology, but let's not go off-topic, let's get this post moved to it's own thread.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
MrAureliusR
My Carrier: N/A

Re: WHY IS THERE NO ALBUM ARTWORK WHEN I COPY MUSIC ACROSS?

Thanks JSanders :smileyhappy:

So the new 2.1.0.1314 update seems to have solved these issues. If anyone else is having similar problems I would recommend getting the update. Others have noticed many other small improvements as well -- apparently the browser works better, calendar bugs were fixed, etc.

It's all here in this thread :smileyhappy:

-----------------------
PlayBook 16GB Wi-Fi
Please use plain text.