Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Desktop Software for PC

Contributor
ankurnarula
My Device: bold 9780 and bold 9900
My Carrier: Airtel India

Backing up Smart Card Options 1 of 1 Record

Hi everyone,

I tried searching the forum, but couldn't find a proper - full - answer to this.

Whenever I back up my Bold 9900, it backs up everything, and then the progress bar freezes at the description: "Backing up Smart Card Options 1 of 1 Record"

I then have to wait for over an hour or more and then get frustrated and quit the desktop software thru task manager. This is very annoying as in this age we dont have so long to backup our business phones and keep sitting in front of the computer to check whether the back up is complete or not.

So my questions are:

1. What are these 'Smart Card Options'? I have never used whatever they are.

2. Why do they freeze my backup progress?

3. How do i back up my phone succesfully and quickly (as i want to install 7.1)

Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.1.3247), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Backing up Smart Card Options 1 of 1 Record

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Please refer to this KB:

• KB29522 "Error backing up databases" message is generated at Smart Card Options database when backing up the BlackBerry smartphone using the BlackBerry Desktop Software

As for actually answering your questions, "why" is not something anyone here, in this user-to-user community, can actually know the answer to. But, the KB provides a workaround while RIM engineers work on the issue internally. With luck, some future update to the Desktop Software will resolve this issue.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.