Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Desktop Software for PC

sarab100
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Vodafone

Backup gets stuck on smartcard

When I try to backup my Bold it gets all the way through backing up until it gets to the smartcard and then it gets stuck forever,

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,838
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Backup gets stuck on smartcard

Article ID: KB29522 "Error backing up databases" message is received at Smart Card Options database when backing up the BlackBerry smartphone using the BlackBerry Desktop Software

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
mdfadhlan
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Celcom

Got this problem too on Torch 9810.  The workaround works with me.

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,838
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Great, glad it helped you.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
peaceman721
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9790
My Carrier: MTN Nigeria

I am also having the same issues too, when ever i''m backing up my bold 9790, when it gets to the smart card option it freezes up and it can remain like that till my whole battery is drained and then my device would be very hot, what can i do about it because ive not being able to back up my device. please advice

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.2.1.3247; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Did you read and try the advice posted above?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
craz4sk8erguy
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Re: Backup gets stuck on smartcard (( NEED HELP ASAP !!!! PLEASE))

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME .

I had to make a claim because my  Curve 9360 was messing up ( clicking of buttons - n/a ) Everything checked out okay at the TMobile store, checking for water damage - none. I was given a claim number to get a new cell. Which I received today.

According instruction I am to back up my data with the old cell, and then using desktop manager use "switch devices" I have done so and the backing up ( while in switching device program) the process is stuck on "smart card options" I have researched online and already had taken off the Smart Card Options because previously before this, my cell was stuck on Social Feeds, and Smart Card Options is part of it. I have deselected the option, tried updating ( nothing ) and then  I tried to select the Smart Card Options again to see if it would work. I am still stuck on the process backing up .

PLEASE someone tell me that will work, I have been out of a cell for a couple days now. Is there an issue with my smart card ?

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.2.1.3247; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Please read the KB that JSanders posted above to solve your problem.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
craz4sk8erguy
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: T-Mobile

As I said in the post before. It doesn't work. I have tried the "workaround" both deselected and selecting the smart card options. Neither way works.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark

If you read this KB that JSanders posted above you'll see that you need to deselect the Social Feeds database to workaround this problem.

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB29522
Please use plain text.