Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Desktop Software for PC

Forums Advisor III
er2joe
My Device: Samsung Galaxy S II SkyRocket (yes, Android)
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: BlackBerry Desktop Manager 6.0 - Minimize to System Tray?

All that setting did was to add a shortcut to the Desktop Manager to your Startup group. You can do that yourself.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Hi,

Windows Seven

Start select Blackberry open, select Blackberry software icon, RIGHT click, select shortcut,

run minimized, select advanced, check run as administrator.

Blackberry desktop manager then proceeds to backup and sync minimized.

If you need some help with setting up the administer rights please let us know,

Thanks,

Bifocals

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Wattride
My Device: Bold 9650
My Carrier: Verizon

That is not the answer, that does not minimize it to the "system tray", only to the taskbar, which we all can do anyway, duh....read the posts before you post a non-solution. Your solution is no solution.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Oh Ok!  Wow you got me!

Boy am I embarrassed. Solution is a no solution. Darn that's harsh.

What are you 6 years old?

Obviously you do not know how to talk to adults even when they are trying to help you.

You have 3 posts that  essentially translate into:

1)  stomping your foot and demanding they put it back immediately

2)  a negative guess about a utility so your going to run away.

3)  duh....read the posts before you post a non-solution . Your solution is no solution.

That's your contribution to this forum. Hopefully that will be your total contribution to this forum.

Bifocals

"I most certainly agree, this upgrade is like a downgrade...please put back the functionality of minimizing to System Tray, immediately!!"

"Unfortunately, that program does not work in Windows 7...maybe I will go back to the older desktop manager until there is a fix."

That is not the answer, that does not minimize it to the "system tray", only to the taskbar, which we all can do anyway, duh....read the posts before you post a non-solution. Your solution is no solution.

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Please use plain text.
EASTrader
My Device: Not Specified

Programers think that their program should be the only one on your PC so each time BlackBerry releases a new desktop they remove any feature like that until they get enought complaints to put it back in.  That said why do they make you start over with a new sync etc. with each desktop release? It always seems to find conflicts that were never there before, so you go through the tideous click by click to see if something was messed up in your records that have had no complaints since the last time you updated your desktop.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Wattride
My Device: Bold 9650

No, I am almost 60 and I was writing code in the 70's...And, yes we all are tired of releases of software/code that takes away functionality. I won't bother to post here since we all have to wait for BB to update anyway. But learn to read and understand the issue before you post, you'll be less embarrassing to the group.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
dbdyck

I wonder what the rational was to change it? I would like the option back to minimize to the system tray.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
zMaestr0
My Device: Storm 9550

[ Edited ]

It appears that this app underwent a major re-write (possibly assimilated from another company), so it doesn't surprise me that some of the minor features were overlooked.

We just want RIM to recognize our request and add it to the list for the next release. :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
rstevenw
My Device: Curve 8310
My Carrier: AT&T

I found a way to Minimize BlackBerry Desktop Manager 6 to the Windows System Tray.

I purchased a new BlackBerry Torch 9800 and a new feature appeard on the Desktop Manager called "Wi-Fi Music Sync".  Wi-Fi Music Sync will allow you to sync music between your BlackBerry and Desktop computer via a wireless network. 

Activating the Wi-Fi Music Sync will allow you to minimize BlackBerry Desktop Manager 6 to the Windows System Tray.

I realize that this is not a solution for all but it appears that BlackBerry Desktop Manager 6 was designed to work with the new features of OS 6.

Just wanted to let you all know that it is possible to minimize BlackBerry Desktop Manager 6 to the Windows System Tray.

Please use plain text.
hedlit

PLEASE fix this, RIM. I can't believe I did this upgrade. I tried to downgrade and it won't sync with the old version any more. Thanks a lot, RIM. PLEASE fix this.
Please use plain text.