Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Desktop Software for PC

Contributor
MaeC
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Vodacom SA

BlackBerry Desktop Software (Update)

I have been battling for weeks to update my current version (Software Version: 60 Bundle 2475) of BlackBerry Desktop Software to the updated version (Updated Version: 6.0 Bundle 2949) which is available as indicated by the red asterisk next to Updated Version on the home screen of BlackBerry Desktop Software.

Update Available

I am constantly getting the same error message: "An error has occurred while downloading software for your device.  Please verify your Internet connection or try again later, if the problem persists."  

Error 1

Error 2

I have absolutely no issue with my internet connection and I am constantly "try(ing) again later".

Please assist.

Please use plain text.
Elite II
tanzim
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: BlackBerry Desktop Software (Update)

Get the OS downloaded and installed in your PC/laptop from this link http://us.blackberry.com/support/downloads/download_sites.jsp

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Please use plain text.
Contributor
MaeC

Hello Tanzim,

Thanks for the advise however that too is not working.  I downloaded the 155MB BlackBerry Handheld Software v6.0.0.2949 file however I get the below error message once I run the program.

Untitled2.png

Is there anything else I can try?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
MaeC

I am still not winning.  I am continually getting the same error message regardless of how many times I download the software.  I too have attempted to search for updates on my phone and on the internet via my BlackBerry Bold 9700 however my phone says it is up to date however I know there is a later version (v6.0.0.2949).

As previously mentioned I am currently running Version 6.0 Bundle 2475 as I am unable to upgrade.

Is there something else I can try?

Please use plain text.