Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Desktop Software for PC

pcernik
My Device: Z10 and 9900
My Carrier: Digitel and Telefonica

BlackBerry Desktop Software Ver 7.1.0.41 does not detect the connected smartphone

Simptoms:

BlackBerry 10 smartphone is detected by the Windows operating system and Windows PC is detected by the BlackBerry 10 smartphone, but but the BlackBerry Desktop Software Ver 7.1.0.41 does not detect the connected smartphone.

Tests:
We have tried with two different Z10 smartphones in three differente computers, with the same results.

Other:
This only happens with the Z10. The same software is able to detect a 9900 or previous models.

Further:
- The BlackBerry BlackBerry 10 smartphone is directly connected to the system.
- We have configured the Windows Firewall to specifically permit all access from Blackberry devices and software. Also experimented entirely deactivating the firewall, to no avail.
- Power Management was disabled. Also tried using "masimum performance" profile.
- Selective Suspend is not enabled on the system.
- User Account Control is enaabled on the system.
- We made sure administrative rights were propagated to the BlackBerry Desktop Software.

- The original Blackberry USB cable connects without problems our Blackberry 9900 smartphone and other non Blackberry smartphones. Nevertheless, we tried with different cables and in different USB ports (directly to the computers).

Please use plain text.
Developer
josuefunes
My Device: Bold 9700, 9790, 9900, Curve 8520, 9360, Blackberry Z10 | iPhone 5S
My Carrier: *

Re: BlackBerry Desktop Software Ver 7.1.0.41 does not detect the connected smartphone

Hi and Welcome to the Community! 

Blackberry 10 devices must use Blackberry Link  (Q10, Q5, Z10, Z30)

For devices to be used BBOS "BlackBerry Desktop Software" (81xx to 9930)

Good Luck!

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Please thank those who help you by clicking the original button.
If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution"
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jassimmn
My Device: cerve 8900-bold 9900
My Carrier: 99594301

Re: BlackBerry Desktop Software Ver 7.1.0.41 does not detect the connected smartphone

dear 

I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM WITH BLACKBERRY DESKTOP SOFTWARE,I USE BLACKBERRY DESKTOP SOFTWARE V.7.1.0.41 BUNDEL42  WINDOWS 7

I CONNECT MY SMART PHONE BLACBERRY CURVE 8900,BOLD 9900 BUT THE SOFTWARE does not detect the connected smartphone.

BUT WINDOWS DETECT THE SMART PHONE AS MEDIA

I TRY IN OTHER COMPUTER AND I CHANGE THE USB CABLE BUT STILLE THE SOFTWARE DONT DETECT THE DEVICE

PLEASE HELP ME TO END THIS ISSUE AND FIX IT

PLEASE CONTACT ME IS  URGENT AND REPLLY

THANKS DEAR

BEST REGARDS

Please use plain text.
Developer
josuefunes
My Device: Bold 9700, 9790, 9900, Curve 8520, 9360, Blackberry Z10 | iPhone 5S
My Carrier: *

If your phone is not being recognized by BlackBerry Desktop Software, have a look at this article:

www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB10144 .

I hope that helps you.  :smileyhappy:

VIA | Elite I

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Torch/torch-9860-stuck-and-usb-not-detected/m-p/21...

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Please thank those who help you by clicking the original button.
If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution"
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jassimmn
My Device: cerve 8900-bold 9900
My Carrier: 99594301

sorry but i try this before

i Remove the battery from the back of the BlackBerry smartphone but blackberry Desktop Software dont detect the device

but before i update blackberry  Desktop Software the old ver it was working good and detected device

Please use plain text.