Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Desktop Software for PC

New Contributor
Mazmataz
My Device: Pear 9105
My Carrier: ?

Re: BlackBerry Desktop Software has stopped working

I can confirm that re-installing to the default folder got the software working . . . odd.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Elkind
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: AT&T

Thanks for letting me know.  I spent countless hours working thru this problem.  In fact, I could probably write a short book on it.

I hope that BB does something to put this into their troubleshooting procedure.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jwilliams-alpha
My Device: Blackbery Storm 9550
My Carrier: Verizon

I am having the same symptoms.

I allowed the SW to update to the latest 6.0 level after successfully using the previous version to connect to my storm 9550. After the update the SW won't start. I want to uninstall and then reload, but Windows add or remove does not recognize that the SW is even installed. How do i uninstall  without going through a long tedious manual process I don't have the time or computer skills to do?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Mazmataz
My Device: Pear 9105
My Carrier: ?

To unistall you can try going to your Control Panel, Programs & Features, Find the software, Right click & select unistall and then follow the prompts (NB my computer is Vista, so if yours is different then this may be different for you). My computer froze whlie doing this but I left it to do its thing and when I came back 10 minutes later it had finished and had uninstalled the software. I then reinstalled the software using the default folder location and it worked fine.

Hope this helps? Please note I'm not very good at computer stuff, but this is what worked for me.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jwilliams-alpha
My Device: Blackbery Storm 9550
My Carrier: Verizon

Thanks Mazmataz.

That was the 1st thing I tried. The 6.01 to 6.02 update so screwed up the installation that the normal uninstaller would not work. I kept getting the message "that action is valid only for installed programs". I finally downloaded Revo Uninstaller for the 30 day free trial and did a "forced uninstall". I also ran CCleaner and deleted anything related to RIM and Blackberry. I just hope that did not remove anything I needed otherwise. I will attempt a new installation of the DTM today.

Please use plain text.
woodchck
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Bell

I have not changed anything on my laptop that I know of and my desktop software will not work anymore.  I'm almost regretting buying a Rim product.  I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the software with no results.  If Rim knows about this problem, why haven't they come out with a fix for it?

Please use plain text.