Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Desktop Software for PC

New Contributor
Loxten
My Device: Bold 9800
My Carrier: Vodafone Germany

BlackBerry smartphone support for private keys and certificates

Hi,

I need to send / receive encrypted emails with my client. It works without any problems with the client's email system and my laptop (Outlook), but on my (private/BIS) blackberry I receive only the message header with an smime.p7m attachment.

I have installed the BB smime support app and can see the certifcates I am using / have received in the BB desktop application. But the attempt to synchronise the certificates fails; I get an error message the the certificate cannot be downloaded because it is on a smart card. 

On my BB (Torch 9800) I can see the certificate, but with a question mark and the comment 'unknown chain status'.

How can I go forward? Issue is urgent.

Many thx

Loxten

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
hatchback
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone

Re: BlackBerry smartphone support for private keys and certificates

Hey Loxten,

Welcome to the BlackBerry® Support Community Forums.

To use S/MIME with the BlackBerry® smartphone the BlackBerry® smartphone must be activated to a BlackBerry® Enterprise Server, S/MIME is not supported with BlackBerry® Internet Service.

Thanks.

-HB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Loxten
My Device: Bold 9800
My Carrier: Vodafone Germany

Re: BlackBerry smartphone support for private keys and certificates

Hey Hatchback,

thanks for your reply, though the content is disappointing. I am a consultant and work as a freelancer - no option to use BB Enterprise Services, as I do not have my own mail server. So I belong to the target group of private users though my requirements are professional ones.

Regards Loxten

Please use plain text.