Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Desktop Software for PC

New Contributor
zerochances
My Device: Bold 9000

Blackberry Application Loader crashed during update due to net connection loss

Hi,

I just started updating my Bold 9000 to OS5 via the 'Update' link on the BlackBerry website.  It started downloading whilst connected to my phone, and my internet connection got lost for a minute and now it's stucked on 'Downloaded x.x mb' and my phone won't turn on.

The application loader is still open, and the downloading gif is moving, but it definitely is not downloading.

What should I do?

Is my phone dead? :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,840
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Blackberry Application Loader crashed during update due to net connection loss

Shouldn't be dead.

Can you click cancel?

If not, do you have a good recent backup of the device, OR do you sync to Outlook for your contacts and calendar?

Remove the USB cable from the device, and you should see the process stop.

Does your device reboot?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
zerochances
My Device: Bold 9000

Re: Blackberry Application Loader crashed during update due to net connection loss

I couldn't click cancel at the time, I had to close the updater from Task Manager.

It wouldn't boot, but I removed and re-inserted the battery and it did a full system boot and seems to be OK now. Not sure why it wouldn't turn on.

After all that, it turns out for some reason I can't even update to OS 5 =\. Even though blackberry.com state I can, only 4.6 comes up in the update section on Desktop Manager.

Maybe it's to do with Orange.

Thanks for your response JSanders.

Please use plain text.