Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Desktop Software for PC

Contributor
bobworthington
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: O2
Accepted Solution

Blackberry Desktop 7 not working

I like many others downloaded the update to DM7 last night only to find it will not synchronise with all Outlook data or Windows 7.  

If you rightclik on the desktop icon and check compatability settings the only Programme listed is Windows XP [SP2].  This could be the main reason why so many of us are having problems!!.  Given that as a small business user I need to be able to synchronise my Blackberry with my PC could RIM not put a temporary download link to DM6.1 [that is Windows 7 compatible] on the Blackberry website until such time that they have resolved the issue with DM7.  

I am just about to renew my mobile contract and am seriously looking at moving away from Blackberry if this is they perform.

Please use plain text.
Visitor
corms
My Device: 9958
My Carrier: verizon

Re: Blackberry Desktop 7 not working

Same here! They are really blanking up their business.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
RobS2607
My Carrier: Telstra

Funny that, I'm using XP Pro SP3, and it STILL doesn't work. The **bleep** thing gets locked up at the point of preparing sync preview....I haven't been able to sync any **bleep** thing since I downloaded this software...anyone know if you can go beck to 6?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Jafk-9810
My Device: Torch 9810

Gidday Rob

RobS2607 wrote:

Funny that, I'm using XP Pro SP3, and it STILL doesn't work. The **bleep** thing gets locked up at the point of preparing sync preview....I haven't been able to sync any **bleep** thing since I downloaded this software...anyone know if you can go beck to 6?

Info is here:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Desktop-Software-for-PC/BB-Desktop-Manager-v-6-x-Available-fr...

Please use plain text.
Whizbang2005
My Device: bold latest
My Carrier: Vodafone

You will find that if you try to download BlackBerry 6.1 for PC, it will not complete as there is a critical error .

So in old english IT'S BUGGERED!

Please use plain text.
IvanSaaiman
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Cell C

Hi there,

New to BB but know PC,

Are you to tell me that  the BB Suite for Windows 7 does not work? I just downloaded the program (117mb) & tried to install it but it keeps giving me an error message?? have you found any solutions yet??

Please use plain text.
IvanSaaiman
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Cell C

Hi there,

New to BB but know PC,

Are you to tell me that the BB Suite for Windows 7 does not work? I just downloaded the program (117mb) & tried to install it but it keeps giving me an error message?? have you found any solutions yet??
Please use plain text.
Contributor
bobworthington
My Carrier: O2

Desktop Manager VERSION 7 does not work at all.  Go back to the General Support Forum page and look at second Recenly Solved option at the right hand side.  Basically rou have to do a clean uninstall of version 7 and reinstall 6.1.

Bob 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
RobS2607
My Carrier: Telstra

Yeah Bob

I did this too and can't be happier...looking around for the next phone. Doubt it will be BB...most likely HTC 4G. Sad, BB has been great for the last almost decade...maybe they're doing a Microsoft and imploding.

Cheers

Please use plain text.
Visitor
chuckg7
My Device: Curve 8530
My Carrier: Sprint

mee to: Blackberry Desktop 7 not working

i also did the automated update a few days ago.  Now the new version  7 that I got will not work.  Says a microsoft problem and closes.   I tried to uninstall, reboot, and reinstall.  No luck.   I tried to uninstall and reboot and Install an older Version 6 that I still have, and no luck - now it doesn't work either.   I'm not even getting any messages about missing files or anything.    Anyone with a fix - would be much apreciated.

Please use plain text.