Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Desktop Software for PC

Contributor
bobworthington
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: O2

Blackberry Desktop Manager V6.1 on RIM Website following V7 debacle & Windows 7

I have noticed that RIM have substituted V6.1 munltilanguage for V7 on their website.  

Having tried to download this from the numerous sites suggested by others and faound that I get a message 'Blackbery Destop Manager is not working - Windows in looking for a solution' I did a clean uninstall and reinstalled it from the RIM website only to get the same message.  If i then do a compatiability check Windows 7 is not listed.  What is going on!!! Can anybody offer a solution?

Windows did a large security update at about the time that we all installed V7.  Is there something in the update that could be causing V7 & V6.1 not to work with Windows 7?  Does V7 or 6.1 work with XP and not with Windows 7?

This is getting beyond a joke.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Jafk-9810
My Device: Torch 9810

Re: Blackberry Desktop Manager V6.1 on RIM Website following V7 debacle & Windows 7

Gidday Bob

After all my own problems, re-installing v.6.1.B38 works fine with WinXP Pro SP3 for me.

I un-installed DM v.7 and re-installed DM v.6.x, which I had on my local HDDs.

And yes, I agree, it is beyond a joke - even one in very poor taste.

My sympathy and commiserations to you, and all who cannot get working properly again.

Please use plain text.