Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Desktop Software for PC

Rich53
My Device: Playbook, Blackberry Tour
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Blackberry Desktop Manager hangs at "Preparing Sync Preview"

Same thing with mine, went back to 6.1 and it works fine. Doesn't give much confidence about the new playbook software that is supposed to be out in a few days when they can't even get this right.
Please use plain text.
oalvarezca
My Device: BOLD 9700
My Carrier: ICE

Really frustrated!!!! Untill now I've defended my use of BB vs iPhone with all my friends, but I'm not so sure anymore that I have the better service in the market.  I had to uninstall DM7 and reinstall a previous version because I really need to be able to synchronize my info.

Hope the guys at RIM are working hard on fixing this problem or else I'm sure that on my next phone purchase I won't even consider getting a BB again

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Boatman
My Device: Bold 9650

I let it run all night over 10 hours still not sync finally produced a preview took it 4 hours then just kept running on calendar. I gave up at 7AM. Had our IT guy look at it also last night install is correct must be RIM program. Deleted and reinstall  7 two time in last 24hrs so that does not seem to be the problem. Called RIM and prior version "is no longer available" so stuck with no sync for now. And will end my long history with Blackberry to many issues. Sad

Please use plain text.
Contributor
DrJWR
My Device: 9930 OS7
My Carrier: Sprint

I have to agree with my BlackBerry community here:  A principle reason for retaining my BB, and for defedning BB when in conversation with iPhone and Android friends, has been my need for direct syncing with Outlook.  If DM 7.X had not finally produced its "preview" and begun to work, life would have been difficult since DM 6.X is not available.  When RIM can't successfully introduce a critical update such as DM, the company is in real trouble.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
gvoigt
My Device: torch 9000
My Carrier: Bell

Go to goggle and you can find Desktop 6.1.0 ...

I deleted update and reinstalled 6.1.0 and life is back to normal untill the smart folks at BB figure this out

GV

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
softec
My Device: Bold 9700 and Playbook 64 GB
My Carrier: Rogers

Hi:

Well, this is what I tried.

(After the upgrade, I had the same problem.)

1. I kept the software on, reset the sync properties and re-established them.
  2. First, I did them as a one way sync, from Outlook to the device.
  3. I did a sync.  It was slow, but it worked.
  4. Then I set it as a two way sync.
  5. I did a sync, and it worked.  (A bit faster this time.)
  6. I checked my Outlook Calendar and notices my updates from yesterday were not there from the phone.  No biggie.
  7. I unclicked the check box "future items only" and did a sync again.  This time the "preparing Sync preview" took a longer time.  (A lot longer)  (Painfully longer)  (OK, REALLY painfully longer) (Ok, it hung up)
  8. Ok, it seems that this may be part of the issue.  The new software can't go back in time.  I have heard of forward thinking, but this is ridiculous.  Hmmm
  9. Well, this is not a solution yet.  Kinda need to sync past events in the calendar.  Maybe this software was not indended for businesses... oh.  wait....
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
drester210
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9930 Touch
My Carrier: C Spire

I have tried everything on here and it eventually crashes again under 7.0.

I happen to have put the install for version 6 in my download folder so I had the older one.

I have completely uninstalled 7 and reinstalled 6 and it is WORKING just fine like it did before this came out....

Just wish I had never clicked on "Update Software".... :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
KevinG72
My Device: Bold 9700

Sounds like I'm in the same boat as a lot of people.  Disappointing that there's 4 pages of this already and no response from BB.  Wanting to stay a berry fan, but idiotic things like this make it hard.

And btw, how hard was it to see an error like this coming?  I bet you could find it easy if you pulled 20 random laptops out from the field.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
KevinG72
My Device: Bold 9700

Fully agree.  Tough to defend these guys when they still can't get a sync program right.  Not like we're talking Outlook 2013 here, and for what it's worth every past version of DM has been super-slow with every other machine I've owned as well.  BBerry doesn't even acknowledge the issue?

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,825
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook

KevinG72 wrote:

Disappointing that there's 4 pages of this already and no response from BB. 

Kevin, This is a user-to-user community support forum. We are not RIM employees, but volunteers who enjoy assisting other users. RIM personnel rarely comment on queries posted here. You would have noticed this in the EULA and message upon registration.

For what it's worth, I tend to agree with you, it certainly wasn't ready for primetime and release. I don't get it either.

Meanwhile, we'll try to help users downgrade or get it back working as it was previous.

Me sitting around fuming and raising heck does nothing.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.