Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Desktop Software for PC

New Contributor
bvitter
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Blackberry Desktop Software Has Stopped Working

I have not been able to run the Desktop Software since I installed 6.1. (downloaded 610_b038_multilanguage.exe)

I followed the instructions in the Knowledgebase articles to do a clean uninstall and then install the new version with User Account Control turned off and Anti-Virus software disabled..

I am running Windows 7 SP1 32 bit on a Dell XPS. My carrier is T-Mobile.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
barton22
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: ATT

Re: Blackberry Desktop Software Has Stopped Working

i HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM WITH att  HAVE YOU FOUND A SOLUTION?

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
Adam8
My Device: BlackBerry 10

Hello,

Can you please reply with the error message that you are getting when trying to run the Desktop Software. What is Desktop Software not doing? Is it just not opening at all or is there an error message when you try to run the application? Do you see the slpash screen/logo and nothing happens or does the splash screen appear and  disappear.

Are you an Administrator of the Computer? Have you tried to create a new user account and install Desktop Software in it?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
barton22

There is no error message. I was able to successflly download the software. If I plug in my BB it does not launch. When I manually lauch it the Blackberry Desktop Software splash scrren appears and just stays on and then it locks up. I am the administrator

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bvitter
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: T-Mobile

I am logged in as the Administrator. When I execute the Blackberry Desktop I get the splash screen then a Popup Window with the message "Blackberry Desktop Software has stopped working. Windows can check online for a solution to the problem" After some "checking" WIndows closed the screen and terminates Blackberry Desktop"

The Problem Detail follows:

Problem Event Name:     CLR20r3

Problem Signature 01:    rim.desktop.exe

Problem Signature 02:    6.1.0.36

Problem Signature 03:   4eb85358

Problem Signature 04:   mscorlib

Problem SIgnature 05:   2.0.0.0

Problem Signature 06:   4e154c6c

Problem Signature 07:  1c8a

Problem SIgnature 09:   Exception

OS Version:                       6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1

Locale ID:                         1033 

Please use plain text.
shazamac
My Device: curve 8520
My Carrier: 02

i am having the same problem - my blackberry has been working fine since i got it a year ago. I have been able to download my itunes to it but just recently every time i try to launch media sync i get the same message as you and the system is closed on me. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the programme with no success. I have added nothing new to my blackberry curve 8520 so am at a loss as to what to do next!!!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
lifesabeach183
My Device: Curve 9330 3-G
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Same problem on Dell Latitude running WinXP.

As soon as Desktop Mgr 6.1 upgrade ran, I first lost ability to access the Organizer Synch Configuration then eventually the app. would just freeze after opening, requiring "End Process" w/Task Mgr.

Since Sunday, I've uninstalled and re-installed at least a dozen times under both users on the system, and tried installing 6.0 off my BBerry User Tools CD.  Now nothing happens when I try to start the app, via desktop icon, Start Menu entry or directly from the .exe in the \Blackberry Desktop folder.

I spent 2 hours on the phone w/Verizon support last night who decided it must be my Dell and Dell support dropped me transferring me to a different suport group, but after reading these posts it's clear it's the application...so is RIM working on it?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
barton22

i reloaded yet a fifth time   the blaclberry desktop software popup appears and it never launches   just sits there

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
PaddyT
My Device: Curve 8300
My Carrier: O2 uk

I have the same problem as well. Running Windows 7 Pro on an HP Probook.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
lifesabeach183
My Device: Curve 9330 3-G
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Folks,

FWIW, I don't know if this was just due to dumb persistence and coincidence, but I just found a statement somewhere, that for BBDesktop to work, you have to be at .NET 3.5 SP1, so I RE-downloaded that Service Pack, RE-removed BBDesktop 6, and installed BB Desktop 4.5.0.15 from my original BB User Tools Disk and I'm back w/that version, running Organizer Synch and device backup

...but afraid to "Check for updates" to hose myself w/v6.0 again.

Since this success miraculously ocurred on my LITERAL last ditch attempt before getting a new, NON-RIM, device, (literally - had my selection in my Verizon Wireless online cart earlier today), I am thanking God and hoping the nasty trick does not befall me again before my next device upgrade window opens a year from now.

GOOD LUCK resolving on your respective ends.

Please use plain text.