Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Desktop Software for PC

New Contributor
lifesabeach183
My Device: Curve 9330 3-G
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Re: Blackberry Desktop Software Has Stopped Working

My sympathies...

I'm counting the days til January when I can joyfully scrap this device (when my contract allows) !

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
meayrs
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: T-Mobile

I've been having the same issue for a couple of weeks.  I haven't had time to put a lot of effort into fixing it, other than uninstalling and reinstalling.  I can get a new discounted phone in July.  My calendar syncs via Google, so I'm ok until then.  I'll probably finally drop BB after many years.  I sold my RIM stock a while ago.

It's unfortunate that this thread has been going since early January, yet there's no response or fix from BlackBerry.  They will no longer get my company's business.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jlisedouglas
My Carrier: Lime

Agreed - are they not monitoring their own support website?  I live in Turks & Caicos where these Blackberrys are very expensive so it is hard to justify changing as phone is not even two years old......the calendar sync is so important to me though and it seems a shame to lose a customer over something that might be quite easy to fix - at least if they would respond we would know if they are working on the problem......

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
JOSELO
My Device: CURVE 8253
My Carrier: BOOSTMOBILE

Non of our comments are being reviewed by RIM.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
meayrs
My Carrier: T-Mobile

@jlisedouglas. If you have a google account, set up a google calendar. My Outlook calendar syncs with Google Calendar, which then syncs with my BlackBerry calendar. You have to download and install Google sync for your desktop and for your BlackBerry. They're free. I've been using it for several years.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jlisedouglas

Thank you for the suggestion - I used to sync my Outlook Calendar to Google so that I could access my appointments online.  With the Blackberry Bold & DM, I was able to carry my "appointment book" with me and all was perfect until I updated DM and it kept freezing up....I guess in the short term I can sync Google and then to BB - I just use all features of Outlook (calendar/tasks/dragging emails to my calendar so I can be prepared for a meeting) so didn't want to change everything but I will probably have to do unless BB puts forward a solution soon.  Appreciate the feedback.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
JOSELO

This worked for me today (03/14/12)
Follow these steps...
Advanced Options -> Default Services -> Change your Calendar, Contacts and Messenger accounts.
Connect ur BB to ur PC and run the the Desktop Software. After stablishing a connection it will prompt account reset confirmation click NO. That will redirect the account its synchronizing to.
Hopefully it helps. If it does: Share the info with other folks. Good luck!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jlisedouglas

After installing the .Net4 update and turning off the Anti Virus, I got it to sync twice.  Now back to same white screen - can't even get past that to where it will ask me to reset confirmation as you mentioned.  I am so done with Blackberry and so amazed at their lack of customer service.  They sent an email yesterday congratulating me for more than 2 posts on their Support Community page - I sent an email back saying "really?" and asking if they had even bothered to read the posts.....still nothing.  

Please use plain text.
rizzosail
My Device: Blackberry 9800
My Carrier: at&t

The message I get when I try to load the software is:

Blackberry software has stopped working. Windows will close and notify if a solution is available.

I got this trying to load first - then was told to uninstall and reinstall the software by AT&T - im getting the same message.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
JOSELO

Try what I did. It is working
Please use plain text.