If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Desktop Software for PC

New Contributor
izvarin
My Device: 9800 torch
My Carrier: MTS Russia

Blackberry Desktop Software Version 7.1.0.32

I have a very specific trouble with blackberry sync.

I keep my Contacts data on MS Outlook  and Blackberry and frequently update info on both devices.

On previous version of Desktop software I was able to choose the option of 'the last edited item to be sync'ed on both devices.'

Somehow this option is not available anymore, or maybe I can not find it anymore.

No i don't want to crate duplicate entries.

No I don't want to choose PC or the BB for source of conflicting items.

I'm using a computer, i want the computer to make the changes checking the edit dates.

Otherwise why would i need a sync software anyway?

Am i missing something, or does this update is really intended to work this way.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
OluB1
My Device: BlackBerry Bold Touch 9900
My Carrier: Tesco

Re: Blackberry Desktop Software Version 7.1.0.32

I agree absolutely with this comment and really hope that RIM will address this issue.

The previous version of sync software is more user-friendly. The current sync software does not provide options for one to accept or reject deletes or changes.

In addition to your comment, the dialog box cannot be re-sized such that content can be properly viewed.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
portablepower
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

I recently installed the update for my desktop software only to find out that my spare batteries are no longer useable ?? like wtf .... so my curiousity got me to try a roll back to the previous version and low and behold ... my spare batteries work.  So I ask why the heck dont they work with the new software version ???? not happy here RIM !!!!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sradclif
My Device: Torch 9850
My Carrier: Verizon

When I did the original 7.1 upgrade I had so many problems that I literally had to wipe all my contacts and calendar on my phone (Torch 9850) and do a one-way sync from Outlook to my phone.  Because I DON'T TRUST the software at all, I now make all my changes on my computer and only do one way syncs from outlook to the phone. 

Sort of defeats the idea of syncing, but it's better than nothing.

I agree with ALL of the comments.  RIM has not been helpful nor responsive to these issues.  And there's not a way to talk to anyone who knows anything either.

There's NO WAY I'm upgrading to 7.1.0.32 (Bundle 33).  If I didn't have a year+ left on my contract, I'd just switch to an I Phone or even a Windows phone (android doesn't sync with outlook at all -- there's NOT an app for that)

Please use plain text.
Contributor
sidekickkdx
My Device: Torch 9800 / Playbook
My Carrier: ATT

I bought a windows phone last summer thinking that it would easily sync with outlook, but it did not.  My old one used to, but the newer ones at the time did not.  So check into that before you buy.  That's why I went with BlackBerry.  Now I am trying to decide whether to update to 7.1.0.32 or just leave well enough alone.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sradclif
My Device: Torch 9850
My Carrier: Verizon

Thank you for the feedback.  Seems better to leave well enough alone.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
DaveQuail
My Device: Q5 SQR100-2
My Carrier: MTN South Africa

After weeks of frustration, I went back to Desktop V6. No more problems :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
izvarin
My Device: 9800 torch
My Carrier: MTS Russia

I also ended up downloading v7 from Cnet.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
sidekickkdx
My Device: Torch 9800 / Playbook
My Carrier: ATT

I let the software update itself and luckily had no problems at all. All organizer data syncs fine. 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
DaveQuail
My Device: Q5 SQR100-2
My Carrier: MTN South Africa

There is still the problem where you cannot select relative dates/periods in V7 with Calendar data...you have to keep changing dates, which was not necessary in V6, as you could select e.g. "From xx days/weeks in the past to xx days/weeks in the future. Not linked to specific dates. V6 works with relative perioeds which makes far more sense.

Please use plain text.