Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Desktop Software for PC

New Contributor
SilenceRadio
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Videotron
Accepted Solution

Blackberry Desktop Software : "A newer version of this application is already installed on this computer"

[ Edited ]

Hi, I'm having a very frustrating problem and can't seem to find any informations or help.

Running Windows 7 x64, I had to update my blackberry desktop software a few weeks ago. Unfortunatly the updater crashed during the update. I tried updating again, but the installer now stops at this message :

Desktop Software ERROR 

However, there are no trace of any Desktop Software application on my computer. I tried deleting manually all Blackberry/RIM folders as well as deleting all Blackberry/RIM registry keys. I tried using Revo unistaller, multiple registry cleaners, all with no success.

I now have to use Blackberry Destkop Manager 5.xx since I can't install anything above that. This is getting really frustrating (that and the fact that I had to exchange my Bold 9900 for the 7th time in less that 6 month - and the one I'm using now has a **bleep**ty backspace key that doesn't always work) and extremely annoying.

If you can help, thank you.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
SilenceRadio

Re: Blackberry Desktop Software : "A newer version of this application is already installed on this computer"

[ Edited ]

Crash

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
SilenceRadio

Re: Blackberry Desktop Software : "A newer version of this application is already installed on this computer"

There is seriously no one who can help ? What is the point of an official forum if no one here is qualified to help out ?

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Sorry, but what part of your signup information did you choose to not understand? These forums are hosted by RIM, but are a user-to-user community of volunteers who try to help each other out as best they can. These forums are NOT a user-to/from-RIM channel of any formal communication. So, sadly, what it sounds like is that none of the kind volunteers happen to know how to help you, given what you've described. Beating them over the head for that fact doesn't seem the best approach IMHO. ;-)

That said, when I read what you've done, you've indeed already done all that I can think of to recommend. Which leaves only the worst case scenario...rebuilding your entire PC system from scratch. In a very few cases, I've seen that as the only way to clear this up. And it's usually a result of having had multiple different versions of the RIM software installed at one point or another. I've no idea what ultimately gets corrupted, but the system rebuild is the resolution that I've seen.

I wish the news were better for you. Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
SilenceRadio

Whatever Sdgardne, formatting computers is not a solution. This is :

Download and install jv16 Powertools from http://www.321download.com/LastFreeware/index.html. Launch the software, in the Uninstall Tab, browse for the now visible Blackberry 7.0 entry. Select this entry and uninstall it. Additionally, check the others tabs to erase all remaining registry traces of either Blackberry or Rim. Download and reinstall Blackberry Desktop Manager 7.0.

Thank you for nothing.

You would think that with a 600$ cellphone some customer service would go with it. 

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Meh.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.