Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Desktop Software for PC

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Blackberry Desktop won't install on Windows 8

Vivaldi wrote:
I am having the same problem as well. Were the blackberry people of any help and have you been able to resolve the problem? Thanks

Hello,

What BB people? To which post are you responding? I don't find anyone here in this thread discussing talking to any formal RIM support...maybe I'm missing something...

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Vivaldi
My Device: Curve 9380
My Carrier: VIRGIN

The person that posted the original thread mentioned in the very first line that he/she spoke with someone at the BB helpdesk a week earlier before making the post. Even in the absence of absence of any formal contact with the company, BB ought to be proactive and inform clients of solutions to possible problems rather than wait for clients to complain on end, before deeming it fit to respond, that is if they ever will.
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Ah...OK...so you were asking the OP of this thread. Fine. Now we understand. Hopefully they will reply to you.

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sueshaw
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Vodacom

Thankyou but this thread takes you to the .NET Framework installer/enabler site which I have done (was advised by the BB Helpdesk to do) but didn't work.  I have also extensively followed every single posting on the forum but it seems that no one with the same problem has been able to resolve it.  

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sueshaw

Blackberry Desktop won't install on Windows 8

[ Edited ]

My problem has been FIXED!!! Thanks to our wonderful astute young IT guy in our village.  Yes it does require the .Net. framework 3.5 to be enabled on the control panel, but my problem was that when i registered with Windows, I had a space in my username (ie a space between my first name and surname) and Windows didn't like this!  As soon as the space was removed, BB desktop installed.  Voila!  So simple - why does BB not know this?

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Excellent! I'm glad you found your solution! But...a couple of clarifications, if you don't mind...

sueshaw wrote:

my problem was that when i registered with Windows, I had a space in my username (ie a space between my first name and surname) and Windows didn't like this!  As soon as the space was removed, BB desktop installed.  Voila!  So simple - why does BB not know this?

That issue is indeed known...refer to this thread, which is a "sticky" at the top of this board:

That issue is covered there -- but in this thread, it simply did not occur to me that it would be the root cause of your issues. It also is a rather subtle issue that may not necessarily come to mind for anyone providing remote support services...from my volunteer time here on this site, it comes up quite rarely indeed.

But, I'm glad you reported it here...hopefully it will be useful to others in similar predicaments.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sueshaw

Yes thank you so much - I do understand that you have a difficult task trying to sort out problems remotely! But I really hope this helps other people with the same problem and i thank you for all your efforts in resolving mine. I'm just so happy to have all my contacts back on my computer again.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Vivaldi

Hi, can you tell me how to change the windows username. I have a new computer and I remember putting in my Hotmail email address but I am now trying to change the username to remove the space as you said but there seems to be provision to edit it. Can you explain how to to it, pls. Thanks
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sueshaw

I will try and get hold of my computer boffin man today to ask him how he did it and I will let you know!  

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Vivaldi

Thanks. I appreciate
Please use plain text.